Do you know why?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ABabyC

Do you know why?

Post by ABabyC »

Hi ladies,
Do you know why a lot of ebay sellers (from UK especially) don't want to ship out of country?
I have experienced this with quite a lot of sellers and it's super frustrating! It just boggles me when a buyer comes and offer to cover shipping etc that the seller still insists on not selling the item outside of UK...
hookedoncrochet

Re: Do you know why?

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I will not post to Italy or Russia, tried it twice each but the item was lost and never returned to me.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Shipping internationally is a pain & is always stressful until the package arrives(in my opinion). I do it.....but really don’t like to.
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

I don't ship outside the US, except to Canada. I had a bad experience once shipping abroad where an expensive doll went missing, untracked for 3 weeks. It was very stressful. I hope international buyers understand that it's not personal, just the seller is ultimately responsible for making sure the doll is delivered, or has to refund in full.
Nellerina

Post by Nellerina »

The only parcel I've ever lost was one I shipped to Italy. Luckily, it was a doll kit and not a finished doll, but still, the value of that kit was $250 plus the shipping. Of course, the buyer was completely refunded! And now I'll never know if it also eventually showed up to her. If this person was dishonest, they could have received it and never offered to come back and pay for it. So yeah, shipping internationally is a bit risky.
ABabyC

Post by ABabyC »

Well I totally understand when it's between the US and Europe, across a very long distance or to certain countries etc. but when it's the country next door I don't personally have a big problem with sending or receiving. Anyway I was just curious :)
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I have shipped many babies Internationally but quit over the past year due to scamming/fraud.
Another thing is, if the buyer is unhappy with their purchase - and does a return - you are forced to take the return if the buyer used a credit card/paypal and then you are responsible for shipping BOTH ways - which is about $70 each way - thats a huge hit to take. I've not had a return yet, but not to say it wouldn't ever happen.
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

If I send a knit set to the US from the UK it costs around $10 uninsured......to send it fully insured is almost twice the cost. Lots of overseas ladies don't like the postage charges tbf.

Even though I advise a potential buyer I will not accept responsibility for lost uninsured packages I know paypal will reimburse the buyer so it is a very tricky situation.

Jo in the UK
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I must have good luck because all the years I have bought and sold on Ebay I have never had a problem I will cross my fingers that I have not jinxed myself for saying that.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I have bought from & shipped to the UK with no problems.
Had a package go astray in Australia that was never found.
Was never sure if that was accurate or not, but it was a gift exchange, so never worried about that one.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I don't mind shipping to the US and the UK...just takes more time to do the customs form..but I like to buy outside of Canada and most often people will do it for me... The other countries I don't usually ship to.
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

Hi ladies - I'm in New Zealand and have bought a number of babies mainly from the US but I did a trade with a lady in Scotland. The baby arrived to me within 5 days with no issues and the baby I sent to her had no problems either. It's usually when they arrive here that the delays start with customs etc. But overall everyone I have dealt with have not had a problem with international shipping given we are such a long way away. :headspin: