Can't find the right kit!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Miller

Can't find the right kit!

Post by Miller »

Hi.

Anyone else know in their head what kit they want but it's just simply not being made?

All the cute detailed sleepers are just too small! It seems sculptors think all babies are born 18" and that's just not the case. Many are 21". I also find it hard find spanish beautiful clothes for dolls of that size.

I LOVE levi and geniveve but want a 21/22" chunky baby with just as much detail as the smaller ones. From speaking to people in youtube and IG I'm not alone in this.

Wish I could sculpt myself.

Any suggestions. I've gone through every kit on macpher sons.
Susan Cornelius

Re: Can't find the right kit!

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I love my Naomi by Donna Lee as she is of the larger size. I agree, its tough to find a nice variety of newborn clothing - 0-3 there are so much more choices. I also have Chloe by Anne Timmerman - another great size - larger yet! Another good choice is the Noah Kit by Reva Schick. These are all sleepers. I would love to have Levi in these sizes!!!
Miller

Post by Miller »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 am I love my Naomi by Donna Lee as she is of the larger size. I agree, its tough to find a nice variety of newborn clothing - 0-3 there are so much more choices. I also have Chloe by Anne Timmerman - another great size - larger yet! Another good choice is the Noah Kit by Reva Schick. These are all sleepers. I would love to have Levi in these sizes!!!
Hi. I really don't like noah or naomi. I don't think the limbs or face are detailed at all, old kits now that's probably why. I feel like the new sculpts are very detailed but are getting smaller and smaller hehe x
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I would say Miracle by LLE. Very detailed and a nice chunky baby. I absolutely adore mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hugs,
Nadia

Miller

Post by Miller »

NadiaK wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am I would say Miracle by LLE. Very detailed and a nice chunky baby. I absolutely adore mine.
Very beautiful but I like a more relaxed face like levi hun xxxx
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I love Cassie Brace's Evelyn
Bonniehaha

Post by Bonniehaha »

I have a little chunky monkey coming out this year, the baby I sculpted from was 8lbs 12oz :baby:
Levi actually measures 21 inches with straight legs, he was a long baby, but in the average 7 lbs range.
There are hundreds of kits out there, and hundreds to come :heart: I am sure the right baby for you will pop up one day :heart:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdUUhXLH02e ... bubsnstuff
Susan Cornelius

Can't wait to see the new big doll Bonnie!
Susan Cornelius

Miller wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 am
Susan Cornelius wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 am I love my Naomi by Donna Lee as she is of the larger size. I agree, its tough to find a nice variety of newborn clothing - 0-3 there are so much more choices. I also have Chloe by Anne Timmerman - another great size - larger yet! Another good choice is the Noah Kit by Reva Schick. These are all sleepers. I would love to have Levi in these sizes!!!
Hi. I really don't like noah or naomi. I don't think the limbs or face are detailed at all, old kits now that's probably why. I feel like the new sculpts are very detailed but are getting smaller and smaller hehe x
Simply put - its ALL in the artist.. The sculptor, but even more importantly the reborn artist.
Blissful_Babies

Post by Blissful_Babies »

Yannie by Gudrun Legler is a peaceful sleeper, 20 inches long. And Peanut by Priscilla Lopez is also 20 inches long. I know how you feel though, I am trying to find a bigger baby too. haha

Almost forgot about Lucy by Tina Kewy, she's a big baby too! :heart:
Miller

Post by Miller »

Bonniehaha wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm I have a little chunky monkey coming out this year, the baby I sculpted from was 8lbs 12oz :baby:
Levi actually measures 21 inches with straight legs, he was a long baby, but in the average 7 lbs range.
There are hundreds of kits out there, and hundreds to come :heart: I am sure the right baby for you will pop up one day :heart:
Hey bonnie. I love your work.
Be interesting to see his kit. He looks adorable so far. I love how slight his mouth his open, I hope it doesn't open anymore in transition from clay to vinyl kit.
Do you know when he will will be available hun? Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rebecca Katie

Post by Rebecca Katie »

Bonniehaha wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm I have a little chunky monkey coming out this year, the baby I sculpted from was 8lbs 12oz :baby:
Oh Bonnie he is precious! Looking forward to his release :heart:
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Some good suggestions here! Have you tried any of the Reva Schick sculpts? All of hers are big and sleeping peacefully.

Personally, I like smaller babies. They are easier to hold and cuddle, and not too heavy. My recommendation is not to count out 19" and 20" kits because kits are usually measured with the legs bent, since the legs are sculpted bent. Real babies are usually measured with the legs straight. If you add 1 inch to the size of the kit, you can roughly get the size the doll would be if the legs were straightened.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

Oh my goodness Bonnie!! :heart: I am in love with him! I can't wait until he comes out.
Miller

Post by Miller »

EmilyJ wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm Some good suggestions here! Have you tried any of the Reva Schick sculpts? All of hers are big and sleeping peacefully.

Personally, I like smaller babies. They are easier to hold and cuddle, and not too heavy. My recommendation is not to count out 19" and 20" kits because kits are usually measured with the legs bent, since the legs are sculpted bent. Real babies are usually measured with the legs straight. If you add 1 inch to the size of the kit, you can roughly get the size the doll would be if the legs were straightened.
Hi.

Years ago I had the Rebecca sculpt by reva. I loved it at the time. However by today's standards revas kits I don't think have realistic fine details such as fingers/toes etc...

I currently have Sansa by Ping Lau who is 19" but clothes tiny when it comes to nice clothes like spanish ones etc...he head is super tiny xx
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

Ellis
Image Image Image Image
Bonniehaha

Post by Bonniehaha »

Here is Chase now as kit :)
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Bonniehaha wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 pm Here is Chase now as kit :)
:heart: :heart: :heart:
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

EmilyJ wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm Some good suggestions here! Have you tried any of the Reva Schick sculpts? All of hers are big and sleeping peacefully.

Great point, Emily. Usually the head circumference is a good indicator of how chunky it will be, too.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Realborn Charles and Landon are bigger sleeper babies.