HOW do I post pictures??????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sally - USA

HOW do I post pictures??????

Post by Sally - USA »

Hi Gals! I used to be active and I used to know how to post pictures BUT ... I discovered Facebook and I've been addicted for a while.
Now I would like to return to more active status here on doll-fan and post pictures too but alas, Photobucket has changed.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Sally
Jonilyn

Re: HOW do I post pictures??????

Post by Jonilyn »

Hi Sally, welcome back! I still do it the old way by copying the image link from Photobucket. I don't know how to do it any other way. I look forward to seeing some pictures of your babies!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I have found the easiest way, for me, was to get a free account through "Imgur" & upload my pictures to my account & then you use the BBC code choice on the right side, pick out the size you want to post from below the codes & then copy the BBC code & paste to your Doll-Fan subject that you are using. I can change my signature picture & post here fine, I have not figured out how to get the avatar onto here. Two out of three isn't bad! LOL!!
Erin helped me get the other parts figured out. If you already have a gallery on doll-fan & can resize your pictures on your computer, you can upload them to your gallery & then copy the code on the image & add it to your post. Put the Igmur has worked better for me, thus far as my computer is not cooperating on resizing my pictures at this time. Hope this helps. I am not the best at explaining things!

Welcome Back, Sally!!!
I've missed your fun posts!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I upload the pictures directly from my computer to my gallery. Then it is super easy to just copy the image code from there into your post.
Hugs,
Nadia

Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Hi Sally,

You can do it pretty easy right here!

Type your message in the body.
Go down to the bottom of the page and click on “Attachments.”
Click the “Add files” box.
Select where you have your photos stored — on your phone under “photo gallery” or “browse” if on our computer.
Select the photos you want download.
Hit done.
Then you will see a list of your photos that you selected.
Hit “Place inline” for each photo.
Hit “Preview” if you want to see if they appeared correctly.
Then hit “submit” to send your message.

The only problem you may find is that your photos could be too large. Just resize them before starting the above process.

This may look long but can take just a minute!

Easy once you do it a couple of times.
Last edited by Susan@childrenoftheheart on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

Try Picturetrail or Imgur.com both are really easy to use,
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Hi Sally! :hi ya:

Welcome back, I have missed seeing your posts!!

I just use the gallery here now since photo bucket has completely gotten greedy and also lost all of my pictures that I had stored there for several years :? ......all you need to do is just upload your pictures into your photo gallery and copy/paste the image link into the post. It's pretty easy! I can't wait to see more of you and your beautiful babies!! :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Welcome back to Doll Fan ! :hi ya:
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

WELCOME back Sally :hi ya: :elephant: :dance: ...hope you`ll find an easy way for yourself to post pictures :elephant: ...as all the ladies
already described, once you have done it a few times it`s really quite easy :headspin: .
Looking forward seeing your babies :heart: ...!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

Hi Sally, i always enjoyed reading your posts as you always made me smile :D
I use Irfanview (file, open) to resize my images generally 800x as the largest but 350x or 400x works well for me. then save on your laptop/pc.
Resized image is in my documents then i add via the usual dollfan attachments, add image. Once i started using this method photo bucket seemed slow and time consuming.
I look forward to seeing your posts and babies. xx
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Thanks Everyone! I'll try one of these methods soon.
You gals are the BEST!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Welcome back Sally..........I too used photobucket until they started charging a lot............I now use IMGUR..............I love it...........Hugs, Kathy
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

welcome back. i just rejoined too. i have been on facebook though. buying lots of dollies there lol. i joined here cause there was a dolly i wanted but she sold. but thats ok. there is more i have my eye on. and if i have enough $$ on payday after i pay the nasty nasty rent and the nasty nasty bills i may adopt a baby from someone on here lol
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

Following this until I have a chance to try some of these suggestions. Photobucket, where I’ve belonged for years wasn’t working for me at $99 a year so I fired them and am 👀 my for something new.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
Chattynadine

Post by Chattynadine »

Hi Sally I came back too after a long stent on facebook😂😂😂 just like the old days I even bought Olive and Alice Kewy have not bought a doll in many years. I Love your question because I have no idea how to post pictures here either. Welcome back doll friend..