Advice needed on how to sell my collection

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ShawnY

Advice needed on how to sell my collection

Post by ShawnY »

Hi everyone,
I’ve been a member here for about 2 years. I have collected quite a few nice dollies ( some from fellow DF members), but, I am looking to retire this summer and need to really downsize . Is it best to list all individually by category, or maybe just list who I have available and see if there’s interest ?? I’m not the best with the photo uploading ! LOL. I have a variety...Elliot Lucas, Micha Helland, Fridolin, Frida, Wilma, Anming, Saoirse, and a few more I can’t recall at the moment. Any advice and words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. I have learned so much from this forum 😀. Thanks in advance !
Last edited by ShawnY on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LovinIt_Crystal

Re: Advice needed on how to sell my collection

Post by LovinIt_Crystal »

I think its best to list all in one post..assuming they are all reborns with one picture for starters with a price and some details. If someone is interested they can contact you for more photos. I find that easiest to view.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

The Silicones such as Elliot and Micha should be listed in the silicone section. The reborns in the reborn section. I like to make individual posts for each item because than people looking for the sculpt in the heading will be more likely to click on it. Also, if several dolls are listed in one post, it gets confusing as to what has sold and what has not.
Just my thoughts :-) Good luck. We will all look forward to seeing your babies for sale!!!
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I don't mind them being listed together as long as information is added such as length, weight, does baby have magnets, prices. I don't want to have to make inquiries on a doll that I may be interested in but find it is priced to high for my pocketbook.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:08 am The Silicones such as Elliot and Micha should be listed in the silicone section. The reborns in the reborn section. I like to make individual posts for each item because than people looking for the sculpt in the heading will be more likely to click on it. Also, if several dolls are listed in one post, it gets confusing as to what has sold and what has not.
Just my thoughts :-) Good luck. We will all look forward to seeing your babies for sale!!!
I totally agree.
Hugs,
Nadia

MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

NadiaK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:57 am
Susan Cornelius wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:08 am The Silicones such as Elliot and Micha should be listed in the silicone section. The reborns in the reborn section. I like to make individual posts for each item because than people looking for the sculpt in the heading will be more likely to click on it. Also, if several dolls are listed in one post, it gets confusing as to what has sold and what has not.
I totally agree.
Me too :D

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
ShawnY

Post by ShawnY »

Thank you all for your great advice ! Now the fun begins...photos,gathering info, listing !
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Absolutely agree with Susan. I know it might be a pain, but please, please, do it this way.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland