I don't know what to believe anymore... ugh.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
DianeLovesBabies

Re: Resolved - please delete

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

The transaction never followed through and she threatened me with an attorney. It was a really bad experience for me and ruined doll collecting for me.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I think bumping this would be a good idea.... Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

DianeLovesBabies wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm The transaction never followed through and she threatened me with an attorney. It was a really bad experience for me and ruined doll collecting for me.

Hugs,
Diane
Thank you Diane and again I am so sorry that she did that to you. I always thought all doll people were good honest people and over the years sadly I have found out there are many bad dishonest dolly people.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

You want to believe that everyone who collects these life like babies are good people but in everything in this world we live in there are people who do not have good intentions. They will do anything to make money off of the good people. All of the joy I had in collecting went away with the drama. I still have many dolls and they bring me great joy. We just do not need to let one bad apple ruin it all for us. We can talk privately and hope that one day the dolly world will be great again. Good always wins over Bad and Right over powers Wrong. Too many good people enjoy this great hobby.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

DianeLovesBabies wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm The transaction never followed through and she threatened me with an attorney. It was a really bad experience for me and ruined doll collecting for me.

Hugs,
Diane
That is just terrible Diane. I am sorry you had to deal with that. I sure hope you continue to collect and share your darling babies with us.
Hugs,
Nadia

BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

Is her name Edith or Emily? There are an Edith and an Emily that's been mentioned on the Facebook scam groups if it's the same person. And is there not still the same rule about having you real first name in your profile name?
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

OMG!! I was so close to buying this doll because I missed out on buying her when Marion Thorpe first listed her last year. However she didn't look anything near what she looked like then given she was said to be new in the box. I started to get a bit worried given the way she was presented. She was originally dressed in a beautiful pale pink Spanish knit set which she said she had but I couldn't understand why she didn't show her in it. Same doll? I now have my doubts. If this was the same one from Marion she's had a tough life over the last few months! I'm so sorry this happened to you but relieved you got your money back :heart:
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

BeachBabiesKim wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:50 am Is her name Edith or Emily? There are an Edith and an Emily that's been mentioned on the Facebook scam groups if it's the same person. And is there not still the same rule about having you real first name in your profile name?
Good point!
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Recoilecr

Post by Recoilecr »

I am do have a name and those of you who have bought/sold a doll from
Me know what kind of person I am. The person who left the nasty negative comment didn’t even get my name right. Each one of youncan email Marion Thorpe - I just got Meli from her literally. Pictures were taken quickly because of my situation. Be careful
How you judge people because you do not know what they are experiencing which is why i waited to post. Do you think I wanted to sell a doll
I paid 2400.00 who would? I am
Not a scammer and I am not going to defend myself for that. I have bought several dolls from very popular people and sold to popular people
On here without issue. Watch how you judge all your seeing is a screen name not the person behind it.
Last edited by Recoilecr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Recoilecr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:34 pm Enough with the comments. I do have a name and those of you who have bought/sold a doll from
Me know what kind of person I am. The person who left the nasty negative comment didn’t even get my name right. Each one of youncan email Marion Thorpe - I just got Meli from her literally. Pictures were taken quickly because of my situation. Be careful
How you judge people because you do not know what they are experiencing which is why i waited to post. Do you think I wanted to sell a doll
I paid 2400.00 who would? I am
Not a scammer and I am not going to defend myself for that. I have bought several dolls from very popular people and sold to popular people
On here without issue. Watch how you judge all your seeing is a screen name not the person behind it.

Excuse me, you don't tell me whether I can comment or not. The way you presented yourself in your above comments makes me realize the type of person you are. Also it takes more than 10 positive feedbacks and 2 negatives for me to feel comfortable doing business with people because of so many scammers.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Recoilecr

Post by Recoilecr »

Comment reported
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Recoilecr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 pm Comment reported
Wow, my comments were reported. Have to say that is the 1st time in over 10 years my comments have been so obnoxious and offensive I was reported. I guess I better stop being a mean girl. By the way since I quoted your original comment that I was remarking about Steve can see what you deleted from your post.

tysonsnan

Post by tysonsnan »

I have bought a silicone doll off Recoilecr .It was a perfect transaction.
The doll was perfect ,and sent overseas immediately.I absolutely got the best end of the deal.
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, just telling of my experience.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I also left a negative comment which you can read in her feedback -- my first and only negative. It says: "I have thought long and hard about this because my previous dealings with this seller were so positive when I was the buyer. Now as a seller it was a very different experience. She contacted me about a Molloy kit. She said she wanted it. I sent an invoice. Never heard another word from her. Not a word of explanation. The negative doesn't come from the not wanting to go through with the sale, but rather the rudeness of the absolute lack of communication. Ruth" I had left a positive feedback for her as a buyer. It is sad that she responded to Georgeanne who was just saying that everyone has the right to comment as they feel....and then to be "reported"?????? Ruth
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

amysbabiesndolls wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:34 pm Thank you ladies - I started to delete everything because she contacted me many times asking me to delete all of my comments because I was "ruining what little reputation she had"? Now that I have seen others comments I feel comfortable enough to leave negative feedback. She was upset because she said she "made a mistake and shouldn't be penalized" but something still isn't right. First, why was I never provided a tracking number from the very start. When I messaged her 10 days after the sale and still had no baby she said "let me check" and that was it... she never got back to me and never gave me the tracking number that I (again) had asked for. It wasn't until I created this post that she finally got back to me and said she "must have sent it to the wrong city". BUT she STILL wasn't able to give me a tracking number. She asked if I wanted a refund or if I wanted the baby. I asked where the baby was and she said "it's here". So either she never sent it or it was returned to her and she never told me. Either way something wasn't right so I asked for a refund. She did put through a refund but it is still pending after 3 days. Hopefully I will get the money soon.
Interesting that she asked you to "delete everything" -- look at her posts here on DF and you will see that she deletes almost all of them and inserts a smiling? face in place of her words.
Ruth
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

amysbabiesndolls wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:34 pm Thank you ladies - I started to delete everything because she contacted me many times asking me to delete all of my comments because I was "ruining what little reputation she had"? Now that I have seen others comments I feel comfortable enough to leave negative feedback. She was upset because she said she "made a mistake and shouldn't be penalized" but something still isn't right. First, why was I never provided a tracking number from the very start. When I messaged her 10 days after the sale and still had no baby she said "let me check" and that was it... she never got back to me and never gave me the tracking number that I (again) had asked for. It wasn't until I created this post that she finally got back to me and said she "must have sent it to the wrong city". BUT she STILL wasn't able to give me a tracking number. She asked if I wanted a refund or if I wanted the baby. I asked where the baby was and she said "it's here". So either she never sent it or it was returned to her and she never told me. Either way something wasn't right so I asked for a refund. She did put through a refund but it is still pending after 3 days. Hopefully I will get the money soon.
Amy

Did you speak with paypal about your refund? It might be worth it to clarify exactly what your position is in recovering your money. Fingers crossed it goes through for you.

Jo in the UK
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

You haven't gotten your money back yet? Please keep us posted because that is worrying.