Tips for a New Silicone Mommy

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KimbysBabyBugs32

Tips for a New Silicone Mommy

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 »

Hi dolly friends! I have some exciting news! I just purchased my first full body silicone here on DF! Here’s my dilemma, I have only ever owned vinyl reborns (my collection is quite extensive to say the least :lol: ). What I would like to know is, for all the ladies who collect silicones or who have owned some in the past, what advice and tips do you have for me as a new mommy to this particular medium? What’s the best way to care for them? How does the realism compare to vinyl? Am I going to get addicted? Lol! Thank you all in advance for your input! I can’t wait to share some photos of him when he arrives :)

God bless,
Kimby
susan2015

Re: Tips for a New Silicone Mommy

Post by susan2015 »

Hi kimby :hi ya:
Congratulations on your first fb silicone baby :foryou: What surprised me the most was they all feel very different from each other, even with the same eco number :dunno:
I am always very gentle when changing mine, especially with arms through sweaters.
I never bath mine (but I know some do, personal choice)
And it is recommended not to use talc powder but pure corn starch. I bought sam silicone finishing powder and absolutely love it.
I look forward to seeing pictures when your new baby arrives.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Congratulations! I’m looking forward to pics of your new baby.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

congrats! how exciting! Can't wait to see who it is : )
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

Congratulations and yes they are addictive if the silicone bug takes over. Some people will collect nothing else but the silicone and some prefer the reborns. It is a personal taste and so much fun to really collect them all and just enjoy. I can not wait to see who you bought and some pictures of it here on the forum. So many of us love to share our babies with each other.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
KimbysBabyBugs32

Post by KimbysBabyBugs32 »

Thank you for your advice ladies!
ShawnY

Post by ShawnY »

Silicone and vinyl are very different...but both wonderful ! My biggest adjustment with silicones was they are more difficult to dress and they attract fuzz and hair etc. and they are a lot heavier. Pure cornstarch baby powder applied lightly with a soft make-up brush helps with any stickiness that might be adding to the fuzz issue . I feel the silicones need to be handled more like a real baby than the vinyls do ! I also tended to buy clothes that were a bit big, so there wasn’t unnecessary tugging and pulling while dressing. Enjoy your adventure in the FBS world !
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Congratulations, silicones are addicting for sure. All the Ladies advice is excellent and what I also do myself. I am pretty sure I know which baby you are getting and it is one I have wanted myself for a long time, I can't wait to see pictures.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

congratulations on your first silicone, yes I would agree they could become addictive. NEVER ever fully bath your little one its not good for them, if they need doing, use a damp cloth and wipe carefully, never pulling the limbs etc. Use pure cornstarch only, not talc. I have 6 full bodies silicones now, ranging from 7" to l9.5inches, and another opened eyed one on order for later this year, it will give me time to save up for her. Also a little l2" clay baby. Enjoy your little one she is precious, look forward to seeing pictures of her soon.

Here is a picture of my little ones, still waiting for new frocks