Ebay question

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cookielover

Ebay question

Post by cookielover »

So I am trying to sell a little 2.5 inch all bisque doll on eBay: the number is 323153577832
She looks like this:
IMG_1341.jpg
Here's the problem - the listing says "make an offer" -- which I didn't know was included until I got the first of 2 offers. I have tried to revise it three times -- and can't find any where to do that. I have added to the auction that " Note: I am not looking for offers on this doll and do not know why the auction states that - please ignore." And yet I get offers! So does anyone know how to get rid of this "make an offer"???????? :banghead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
georgeanne

Re: Ebay question

Post by georgeanne »

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that you got offers so now you can't edit it. I would contact Ebay or maybe go to the community board and ask their advice. There are a lot of sellers with tons of feedback who have been members of Ebay for years who are more than happy to help.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Elle Rae

Post by Elle Rae »

When you go to revise, under the price part there should be a little box that says "allow offers above x amount", click on that and there should be a tick box under it that says "no offers". I hope this helps! It's so annoying when ebay adds that in, my husband is a new seller and has been having that problem on all his listings.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Elle Rae wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:46 pm When you go to revise, under the price part there should be a little box that says "allow offers above x amount", click on that and there should be a tick box under it that says "no offers". I hope this helps! It's so annoying when ebay adds that in, my husband is a new seller and has been having that problem on all his listings.
This is what I see:
ebay.jpeg
No place to click. Thanks for your information. Think I may just have to wait until someone bids and then I think the "offer" will just go away. Thanks for your help. Ruth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cookielover on Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

georgeanne wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 pm I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that you got offers so now you can't edit it. I would contact Ebay or maybe go to the community board and ask their advice. There are a lot of sellers with tons of feedback who have been members of Ebay for years who are more than happy to help.
I am coming to believe it is just automatic with eBay! Weird -- thanks for your suggestion... much appreciated. Hugs, Ruth
MissGym

Post by MissGym »

The box is very small its right around the price you put in.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

MissGym wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 am The box is very small its right around the price you put in.
I enlarged what I showed above and there is no box. Thanks for your suggestion, Ruth
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I wonder if ebay is making changes again, I would call them and find out what is going on.
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I recently sold some dresses for my Daughter
A few days into the auction I got a message from Ebay
'We have allowed buyers to make offers' On looking at the auction they had indeed done just that

I was so annoyed I deleted it and re did it
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Well don't know how I did it.... but I was playing around on my iPhone and seeing anything I could do with this auction problem and a page popped up and after figuring it out I moved the little ball and it happened! Have no idea what I did or how to do it again... but for now it is done. I think eBay is just adding it in as a default that you just have to take out. Ruth
MissGym

Post by MissGym »

Yes they do ad it automatically. If you sell a lot and have a template then it wont be added once you remove it manually. They are sneaky lol
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I complained to ebay and they told me to cancel the listing and start again.