Do you prefer All Vinyl/Partial vinyl Torso or NO?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
anjsmiles Angie

Do you prefer All Vinyl/Partial vinyl Torso or NO?

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

What is the general consensus on the all vinyl body or partial body vinyl torso? I have read some say they do not like how stiff they make the babies and others like the ability to pose with them. I have seen some artists split the torso so it is removable. I purchased 2 Journey kits. I did this one as a custom order for a repeat customer who does not like belly plates and torsos at all so she had me leave it off. I must say that without the torso, Journey makes the most cuddly little baby! I have another Journey kit to reborn and I am debating how to do it. (I may just end up keeping her too!) I have finally gotten around to working on my personal Esme and I will keep her torso in tact but I admit she won't be a cuddly baby at all. More of a display baby.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Do you prefer All Vinyl/Partial vinyl Torso or NO?

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I do not like the torso on vinyl babies. Personally, I don’t even care for belly plates.
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I LOVE full body vinyl babies. They are my favorite! I also like half torsos and belly plates, although the full vinyl is best for me because it never has to be fussed with or positioned a certain way when baby is on display, and I don’t mind the lack of “cuddle factor” when holding them at all.
Rebecca Katie

Post by Rebecca Katie »

Personally, I do not like full torso's that are part of the baby. I do like plates that can be removed and used for pictures or posing though! When I made Julien Marx, I separated his body into two plates. I am all about the cuddle factor with my reborns!
Annette

Post by Annette »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:14 am I do not like the torso on vinyl babies. Personally, I don’t even care for belly plates.
Me either. I much prefer the soft cuddliness without the torso/belly plate. :)
Hugs Annette
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I do not like the full torsos's either. I sold my Lincoln for this reason. I do like an optional belly plate however only to use for pictures.
Hugs,
Nadia

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I do not like torsos or belly plates, either. Just my personal opinion.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I agree. Don´t like torsos and belly plates

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I like both. I never use the belly plates though.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I don't like the feel of holding a baby with a full vinyl torso or belly plates... but I like the effect when posing and taking pictures...but I would say no overall.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I don't like torsos or belly plates either. I rarely even paint the belly plates a kit comes with. The only ones that I don't mind too much are the wrap around kind that Bonnie Brown did with Saoirse, Twin A & B, and Tink. Those don't interfere with the cuddle factor too much but I tend to just leave them off my personal babies.
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I do not like torsos or belly plates because it reduces cuddle factor..however..I love them for photo and display....
so...I like to paint and offer them..especially if they were part of the kit and therefore part of the sculptor's representation of that baby.
On the full torso..I like to open down one side...so it can be removed but still a great option for photo or display..the best of both IMO and does not limit your buyer's market :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

I don't care for the full torso's or even the belly plates. I am not one to leave my dolls laying around naked with their bits showing. I like the cuddle factor. I did like how Gus and Ellis Kewy were, with the top half of the torso, so the doll could wear sleeveless outfits or just wear a diaper. So on my own dolls, I never use the belly plates or full torso's for keep babies.
Threads

Post by Threads »

I am with those that are not keen on the torso or belly plates, I think the artists should give us a choice as to whether we want them, but guess they can sell for a lot more money with them and then we lose out as we don't use them.
HillaryB

Post by HillaryB »

I’m not a fan of belly plates. I made a keeper Americus, with torso...but I keep thinking I’m going to take it off. I just don’t like how stiff she is. I like cuddly. But I don’t really want to cut it either 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hillary, reborn artist & collector
Momma to Laila, Jaylee, and Evy