DEFENDING MYSELF .....

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
dollval

Re: DEFENDING MYSELF .....

Post by dollval »

are we forgetting Cheryl admitted I was right? I never said she was a scammer or greedy. I can't be responsible for what other people post in my thread. I was only upset at being asked to pay a price way above the bid underneath me. Doesn't bragging about one's charitable gestures pretty much negate the purpose of them? It's not about greed ; it's about pride. Being asked to do a prototype is an honor. It is hoped they bring big money to show what can be done with the sculpt and to encourage others to buy the kit and make a profit as well. It is embarrassing for your prototype to come in at the lowest; a good $1000 beneath the Russian artist.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

You just won't be quiet will you Dollval. You twisted everything to suit your purposes and now you are attacking her for posting the charitable things she does. I don't in any way think of it as boasting she is just trying to show that she is a good person and you won't even give her that. Your last post says so much about YOU and it isn't nice. This just makes you look like a petulant spoiled child.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
dollval

Post by dollval »

Georganne- I have spent $6,000+ on Chery's dolls have you? I know that she is a wonderful artist and a lovely seller when she is not selling at a price inflated by a retracted bid. I was willing to pay more than what the doll eventually sold for, and as a loyal customer should have been give the chance. Do you know on my phone when it shows the 10 people there are the most photos of; that Cheryl's Wilma is the 10th one. I have as many photos of that doll as of my friends and family. I have posted many many pics of her dolls. I deserved a chance to get the doll at a fair price to us both. Just as I am not responsible for what others post in my thread; Cheryl is not responsible for the nasty things you post which incite me to post back. What Cheryl posts is not nasty like what you post and I must remember that. You are doing her a disservice by provoking me.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

dollval wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:43 pm Georganne- I have spent $6,000+ on Chery's dolls have you? I know that she is a wonderful artist and a lovely seller when she is not selling at a price inflated by a retracted bid. I was willing to pay more than what the doll eventually sold for, and as a loyal customer should have been give the chance. Do you know on my phone when it shows the 10 people there are the most photos of; that Cheryl's Wilma is the 10th one. I have as many photos of that doll as of my friends and family. I have posted many many pics of her dolls. I deserved a chance to get the doll at a fair price to us both. Just as I am not responsible for what others post in my thread; Cheryl is not responsible for the nasty things you post which incite me to post back. What Cheryl posts is not nasty like what you post and I must remember that. You are doing her a disservice by provoking me.
Just stop it. You are making yourself look so bad by attacking everyone. I haven't posted anything about you that you aren't proving to be true about yourself. If you wanted this to stop you would stop commenting but you just can't help yourself. Trying to make me out to be the bad guy is disgusting. I will not respond again and you are on my foe list.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Dollval, you need to just stop. You are making yourself look worse and worse.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Cheryl, on the intial thread I had commented that the whole thing did look fishy when the doll was relisted. That did make it look like you wanted to run the doll for a hiher bid. I had NO IDEA that Ebay could relist an auction without your consent. Now I realize it was not your fault. I am so sorry this has turned into such a mess for you. I should know better than to surmise about things out loud here on DF because it can always turn ugly. Please forigive me.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Two similar things have happened to me over the years as an artist on eBay.

One was that the highest bidder failed to fall through on the bid. As per eBay and how it functions, I sent the "second chance" offer to the next highest bidder. She accepted the offer at her last, highest bid. She was happy to get the doll and did not have a problem paying that bid price as she had been willing to pay it when she bid that amount in the first place.

The second thing that happened was that I got a notification of a "second chance" being offered on a doll that I had sold (not related to the above incident at all) and that I knew the buyer loved the doll and was not willing to sell it. I have NO idea where that "offer" came from or how it came about but it was obviously a scam of some sort by some frauder.

These things do happen. Cheryl is NOT greedy, nor am I. We work hard in what we do and we are constantly "working" answering emails, ordering supplies, promoting ourselves, making our babies, doing taxes...and the list goes on and on and on. We love what we do. How nice that we get paid a little bit for doing it. (Did any of you know that sellers pay a "final value fee" of TEN PERCENT on each individual sale, plus the listing fee PLUS about 2.3% to PayPal for managing the payment for us?)

Sometimes we have really great sales that further us along in our finances and sometimes we just break even. We could go and get a "real" job where we will actually earn money without having a HUGE overhead. Wouldn't that be nice?? No. We love what we do.

Keep doing what you are doing Cheryl and don't let anyone derail you :heart:
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Rebecca Katie

Post by Rebecca Katie »

dollval wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:04 pm are we forgetting Cheryl admitted I was right? I never said she was a scammer or greedy. I can't be responsible for what other people post in my thread. I was only upset at being asked to pay a price way above the bid underneath me. Doesn't bragging about one's charitable gestures pretty much negate the purpose of them? It's not about greed ; it's about pride. Being asked to do a prototype is an honor. It is hoped they bring big money to show what can be done with the sculpt and to encourage others to buy the kit and make a profit as well. It is embarrassing for your prototype to come in at the lowest; a good $1000 beneath the Russian artist.
Oh my... that seems a bit rude. All the prototypes were beautiful, it doesn't matter which one sells for more or less. Cheryl, you did a great job on your Hedi. I'm glad she finally sold for you and I hope everyone can just move on from this.
Miller

Post by Miller »

Ginny W wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am Wow, I just read the entire post by DollVal and it is sickening. Hard to believe someone that has bought from you before would come on here and be that vindictive and accuse you of such awful things. Then when things are actually explained she came back on and hinted at other stuff to throw you under the bus not once but twice. You did the right thing by blocking her. If she feels this way she needs to move on. Hoping other artists though pay attention to see if it is her bidding on their dolls so they don't have to deal with this uncalled for nastiness if she loses the auction. People just plain are me me me and if they don't get what they think they should get they turn nasty and evil.
She wasn't vindictive all. She was just explaining what happened and how she lost out and explaining how what ebay did wasn't fair and that she though chef would have come to some sort of agreement. non of her posts were in anyway vindictive. Neither were chez posts vindictive..
Dion

Post by Dion »

Rebecca Katie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 am
dollval wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:04 pm are we forgetting Cheryl admitted I was right? I never said she was a scammer or greedy. I can't be responsible for what other people post in my thread. I was only upset at being asked to pay a price way above the bid underneath me. Doesn't bragging about one's charitable gestures pretty much negate the purpose of them? It's not about greed ; it's about pride. Being asked to do a prototype is an honor. It is hoped they bring big money to show what can be done with the sculpt and to encourage others to buy the kit and make a profit as well. It is embarrassing for your prototype to come in at the lowest; a good $1000 beneath the Russian artist.
Oh my... that seems a bit rude. All the prototypes were beautiful, it doesn't matter which one sells for more or less. Cheryl, you did a great job on your Hedi. I'm glad she finally sold for you and I hope everyone can just move on from this.

:( I found that to be extremely rude also. On any other day, Cheryl's Doll might have sold for more than the Russian artist's doll. There is NO reason to tear someone down or try to embarass them. No one can "provoke" you into doing something unless you wanted to do that in the first place. I am so sorry that this has caused you so much trouble, Cheryl. God Bless and keep doing your beautiful artistry.

:foryou: Hugs and Blessings, Dion
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Miller wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 am
Ginny W wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am Wow, I just read the entire post by DollVal and it is sickening. Hard to believe someone that has bought from you before would come on here and be that vindictive and accuse you of such awful things. Then when things are actually explained she came back on and hinted at other stuff to throw you under the bus not once but twice. You did the right thing by blocking her. If she feels this way she needs to move on. Hoping other artists though pay attention to see if it is her bidding on their dolls so they don't have to deal with this uncalled for nastiness if she loses the auction. People just plain are me me me and if they don't get what they think they should get they turn nasty and evil.
She wasn't vindictive all. She was just explaining what happened and how she lost out and explaining how what ebay did wasn't fair and that she though chef would have come to some sort of agreement. non of her posts were in anyway vindictive. Neither were chez posts vindictive..
Not so. Her title is meant to shame Cheryl. The topic could have easily been made without ever posting the artist's name. Plus, if Val had gotten the doll at the price she wanted, this topic would never have been brought to the forum. This was NEVER about Ebay's unfair second chance offers. Please tell me that you really don't believe that. :shock:
chezababy1

Post by chezababy1 »

achem.......I said that because you said e-bay told you YOU were right.......now that I've confirmed with E-Bay I know I'm right.....
You need to let this go Val because YOU were wrong and to be honest should be apologising to me !!!
chezababy1

Post by chezababy1 »

Thank you so much ladies for you support - it's greatly appreciated....

AND OMG Val - posting of some of the good things I've done for fellow artists was a defence mechanism after BEING ATTACKED BY YOU....you are a bully and should be ashamed of your actions.

To suggest that the Russian doll did better than mine just shows you really don't understand an ARTIST......I don't care about the money and you should know that after dealing with me on the babies you've bought from me.

I made an ANGELICA sculpt - Reva Schick. It cost me in total 500.00 ( KIT - WIG - EYE'S - CLOTHES - ACCESSORIES ) not to mention my time....she sold on e-bay for 550.00 - fees from e-bay & PayPal were over 50.00 so I made not one penny.....do you think I was angry or upset !! NO....I was thrilled that the lady who purchased ABSOLUTELY LOVES HER .....
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Shannon wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:50 am
Not so. Her title is meant to shame Cheryl. The topic could have easily been made without ever posting the artist's name. Plus, if Val had gotten the doll at the price she wanted, this topic would never have been brought to the forum. This was NEVER about Ebay's unfair second chance offers. Please tell me that you really don't believe that. :shock:
You’re asking a person that called the seller greedy ...
that tells you everything about her thoughts on this
Miller

Post by Miller »

chelle77 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm
I'm entitled to my opinion. However I'm not on here very often, I'm quite busy but my post where I said it was greedy was based on Val saying she bid at 750? (Roughly-csnt remember exactly)
The seller wouldn't accepted vals offer as being the highest offer under the one that pulled (apart frlm vals automated bids) out because she wanted more. That's greed in my eyes. Nothing wrong with my opinion based on that at the time. You can disagree, I respect that. As you can respect my different of opinion. However since then it appears Val never bid 750, that was someone else. And vals actual bid was 1250, I'm not sure I've only just caught up on the thread and now it's locked. If I'm wrong on my initial post I'm a person who will apologise, however I can only Base an opinion on what I read at the time. I am sorry to chez if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Miller on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Miller, I don't think you are understanding the previous posts/thread about this issue. Cheryl would have accepted the next highest bid which was Val. She did offer her the second chance at her highest bid. Val wasn't willing to pay what her highest bid was because she didn't agree with the amount ebay figured her second chance offer to be. She then began blaming Cheryl and unfairly insinuating that Cheryl has shill bidding going on. Even after they came to an understanding of what happened, Val continued trying to insinuate that Cheryl did something underhanded with her auctions. Val has been very rude!

Miller wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm entitled to my opinion.
The seller wouldn't accepted vals offer as being the highest offer under the one that pulled out because she wanted more. That's greed in my eyes. Nothing wrong with my opinion. You can disagree, I respect that. As you can respect my different of opinion. However less of the attitude thanks.
Miller

Post by Miller »

jubileejulie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:34 pm Miller, I don't think you are understanding the previous posts/thread about this issue. Cheryl would have accepted the next highest bid which was Val. She did offer her the second chance at her highest bid. Val wasn't willing to pay what her highest bid was because she didn't agree with the amount ebay figured her second chance offer to be. She then began blaming Cheryl and unfairly insinuating that Cheryl has shill bidding going on. Even after they came to an understanding of what happened, Val continued trying to insinuate that Cheryl did something underhanded with her auctions. Val has been very rude!

I'm entitled to my opinion.
The seller wouldn't accepted vals offer as being the highest offer under the one that pulled out because she wanted more. That's greed in my eyes. Nothing wrong with my opinion. You can disagree, I respect that. As you can respect my different of opinion. However less of the attitude thanks.
Hi julie.

I've just tried to catch up on the other thread and edited my post above. I'm not on here often enough to have kept up after my initial post.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I'm entitled to my opinion. However I'm not on here very often, I'm quite busy but my post where I said it was greedy was based on Val saying she bid at 750? (Roughly-csnt remember exactly)
The seller wouldn't accepted vals offer as being the highest offer under the one that pulled (apart frlm vals automated bids) out because she wanted more. That's greed in my eyes. Nothing wrong with my opinion based on that at the time. You can disagree, I respect that. As you can respect my different of opinion. However since then it appears Val never bid 750, that was someone else. And vals actual bid was 1250, I'm not sure I've only just caught up on the thread and now it's locked. If I'm wrong on my initial post I'm a person who will apologise, however I can only Base an opinion on what I read at the time. I am sorry to chez if I'm wrong.
Not since then - it always showed the bids that way
So- you either didn’t bother reading it before slinging mud or you just wanted to be cruel
You and that blui person should be sorry
But hey - it’s your “right “ to an opinion based on ignoring facts
Miller

Post by Miller »

chelle77 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

So- you either didn’t bother reading it before slinging mud or you just wanted to be cruel
Drop your attitude towards me right now! I HAVE said if you read I apologise if i got it wrong. People can get things wrong you know! You have a massive chip on your shoulder and I'm not one to take it so wind your neck in!
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Miller wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm
chelle77 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Drop your attitude towards me right now! I HAVE said if you read I apologise if i got it wrong. People can get things wrong you know! You have a massive chip on your shoulder and I'm not one to take it so wind your neck in!
Lol.
Get over yourself
If you can’t handle being called out on your nasty accusations perhaps you should get all of your facts right first
And an apology doesn’t usually include an “If I was wrong “ :roll: