Unbelievable

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
SarahO

Unbelievable

Post by SarahO »

Wow I can't believe the audacity this woman has to even message me this type of offer :shock:

I should really choose a different place to sell.. I am disgusted :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TinyGifts_Helena

Re: Unbelievable

Post by TinyGifts_Helena »

Just send her the link to an Ashton drake baby that is under $100, and say ‘this baby fits your price range better!’ So so annoying. Some people!!!!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Judging by the writing it was probably a kid who isn’t even old enough to have an eBay account. I would just ignore the message, not worth responding to.
:foryou:
SarahO

Post by SarahO »

I'm curious because she has 600+ positive feedback..

But it's okay I will just ignore the message I don't want it to be a big deal...
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

TinyGifts_Helena wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 am Just send her the link to an Ashton drake baby that is under $100, and say ‘this baby fits your price range better!’ So so annoying. Some people!!!!

I like this answer.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Unfortunately, there will always be one who tries it, and doesn't consider how insulting their offer may be. :(
I'd go with ignoring her message, and if you can block her, do that too.
Hugs Annette
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

I had a similar experience when selling a high quality silicone doll on eBay.

This was our conversation:

kayla***
can i buy mia for 100 because that’s all i have and I really love mia I have called the doll House and they said she was sold out and Olivia don’t make her anymore and I really want her for my birthday

My reply:
No, I would not sell a doll that is priced at $2450.00 for $100.00.
You should not even ask sellers to lower their prices, that is extremely rude.
If you can't afford a doll you want, save up for it like the rest of us do.
The doll has sold for the full price and is no longer available.

kayla***
hi
im sorry im only 11 years od and my mom and grandma told me that was rude to offer that low amout have a good evening

My reply:
Thank you for the apology.

I hope she learned something! :dunno:
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Some of these people have no idea what a reborn is or the cost of making one so excuse their ignorance and don't fret over it
leahthemermaid

Post by leahthemermaid »

That’s ebay for you. I’ve had people offer me 25 dollars on a silicone full body lol
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

What do you guys think about non-paying zero feedback bidders on Ebay? Is there a way to automatically prevent this type of buyer from "buying" your baby? I keep losing my watchers. I have since blocked one who kept giving me a lower offer than what I was prepared to accept after I was upfront and nice about my lowest price. The second offer from the same person after I relisted was even lower than his/her first offer so it didn't make any sense to me.

It seems we can only "block" someone only AFTER the fact that they've already put in an offer or "bought" your item, no?

We tolerate a bid/offer/purchase that we know is not going to happen, hit cancel transaction, add username to block list, and start the cycle all over again? You would think Ebay would run their analytics and say "Ooops, zero feedback, located in exotic place, same IP address NO you can't bid!"

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
MichellesReborns

Post by MichellesReborns »

Etsy is just as bad as eBay. I didn't get any traction on reborns.com... where else can we go?
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

MichellesReborns wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 pm Etsy is just as bad as eBay. I didn't get any traction on reborns.com... where else can we go?
Amazon? lol :dunno:

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

I am on some Facebook groups for Himstedts and silicones, which is awesome to see so many precious dolls, but
I have not yet bought or sold through them. However, although both seem to be good groups, there is no feedback system.
I have not seen any problems being posted either.
I prefer to buy and sell here on Doll-Fan and I love seeing everyone's dolls!
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
Threads

Post by Threads »

some people have no shame.