Ashton Drake turning blue (solutions?)

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Court_LLRN

Ashton Drake turning blue (solutions?)

Post by Court_LLRN »

I remember there was an older post talking about this issue. I have 3 Ashton Drake dolls that are heavily bluing and I couldn't find if anyone had a solution to fix them?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Becca

Re: Ashton Drake turning blue (solutions?)

Post by Becca »

I think this might be the thread

viewtopic.php?t=371205

I read through it but didn’t see many solutions, a member said they used “sun treatment” for the doll but the blue came back after awhile.

Wish I could be of more help, sorry about your doll!!
:foryou:
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

my Martha Viola had her hand turn gray. I left her in direct sunlight for a few months and now her hand is closer to what it should be....
Annette

Post by Annette »

Someone had a solution to put on the vinyl, but I can't remember what it was. Whatever it was, it worked, and brought the vinyl back to the original colour. I have an AD baby too, who has bluing, and would love to fix him, so maybe someone can remember what the answer was to fix them.
Hugs Annette
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

From what I was reading, I am to use an acne cream to keep in direct sunlight? What kind of acne cream is recommended? And do you rub it in until it isn't visible or do you put a lot of cream on?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Annette

Post by Annette »

I use Oxy10, the white cream, but not sure you can get it there. I got mine from the U.K. But we can get Oxy5 here....I just dab it on the area and put it in the sun. Hope it works for you. :)
Hugs Annette
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Annette wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm I use Oxy10, the white cream, but not sure you can get it there. I got mine from the U.K. But we can get Oxy5 here....I just dab it on the area and put it in the sun. Hope it works for you. :)
Thank you very much!
Is this it?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Annette

Post by Annette »

Court_LLRN wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm
Annette wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm I use Oxy10, the white cream, but not sure you can get it there. I got mine from the U.K. But we can get Oxy5 here....I just dab it on the area and put it in the sun. Hope it works for you. :)
Thank you very much!
Is this it?
Yes, I think that's similar. Just make sure it's the white cream, and not the flesh coloured one.
I'm going to try just plain peroxide on mine (It's a lot cheaper than the Oxy10). It is quite the thing, when you have a fire and it takes all the smoke stain off the stucco! (Hubby's shopvac caught fire on our front step, and burned up the stucco wall).
So I think it would work on vinyl too. :) Will let you know how it works, IF it works. :)
Hugs Annette
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Annette wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 am
Court_LLRN wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm
Thank you very much!
Is this it?
Yes, I think that's similar. Just make sure it's the white cream, and not the flesh coloured one.
I'm going to try just plain peroxide on mine (It's a lot cheaper than the Oxy10). It is quite the thing, when you have a fire and it takes all the smoke stain off the stucco! (Hubby's shopvac caught fire on our front step, and burned up the stucco wall).
So I think it would work on vinyl too. :) Will let you know how it works, IF it works. :)

Oh!! Please do! That would be fantastic if peroxide worked. :heart:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations