Some need a tutorial on posting photos here...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annette

Some need a tutorial on posting photos here...

Post by Annette »

Can someone post a tutorial to help people post photos on here? I don’t have that problem as I use the Gallery here to host mine. So I have no idea how to post them from other sites. :dunno:
But I’ve seen a lot of people lately, who can’t add photos to their posts.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I’m sure. :)
Hugs Annette
KLynn17

Re: Some need a tutorial on posting photos here...

Post by KLynn17 »

I just tried that Imgur site and its kind of a pain to copy and paste. How do you do it from here?
Annette

Post by Annette »

KLynn17 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 am I just tried that Imgur site and its kind of a pain to copy and paste. How do you do it from here?
You buy a gallery on here, then just upload photos into it, and then post.
If you want one, you need to contact Steve, and he'll add one for you. Not sure how much it is, but you can buy it for a year. I've found it to be the easiest way to add photos to my posts. :) And never goes down like other sites.
Hugs Annette
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I don't think Steve is allowing people to get a gallery any more..
I was informed that with all the good hosting sites now it wasn't cost effective
for Steve to offer this service any more... please correct me if this isn't the case for you,
but this is what Steve conveyed to me when I wanted to renew my gallery subscription.
I use imgur, and it is a bit of a pain to post pictures by this method... wish I could just download pictures
From my tablet like I do on Facebook and instagram.
Annette

Post by Annette »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm I don't think Steve is allowing people to get a gallery any more..
I was informed that with all the good hosting sites now it wasn't cost effective
for Steve to offer this service any more... please correct me if this isn't the case for you,
but this is what Steve conveyed to me when I wanted to renew my gallery subscription.
I use imgur, and it is a bit of a pain to post pictures by this method... wish I could just download pictures
From my tablet like I do on Facebook and instagram.

Oh, I didn’t know that. My Gallery subscription doesn’t expire until December, and it automatically renewed last Dec. I’ll keep using it until then I guess. I looked at Imgur, but couldn’t make head nor tail of it! Lolol. Better get practising with it. :)
Hugs Annette
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Here is a short tutorial that is easy to understand when using imgur:
Hugs,
Nadia

Annette

Post by Annette »

NadiaK wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm Here is a short tutorial that is easy to understand when using imgur:
Thanks for the link, Nadia. I’ll go and check it out. :)
Hugs Annette
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I didn't buy a gallery, it is just here under my control panel and I upload pics to it very easily. I don't understand why anyone would want to use a separate hosting site when they can just upload right here.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Deb17 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:36 am I didn't buy a gallery, it is just here under my control panel and I upload pics to it very easily. I don't understand why anyone would want to use a separate hosting site when they can just upload right here.
I never purchased a gallery either, it's just always been there and I have been using it. Strange.......I guess I should look into that if there is some sort of expiration on it. :dunno:

Can someone enlighten me on this?
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

Thanks for the link to the Imgur video.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Kelliegirl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 am
Deb17 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:36 am I didn't buy a gallery, it is just here under my control panel and I upload pics to it very easily. I don't understand why anyone would want to use a separate hosting site when they can just upload right here.
I never purchased a gallery either, it's just always been there and I have been using it. Strange.......I guess I should look into that if there is some sort of expiration on it. :dunno:

Same for me. I wonder if it has something to do with how long one has been a member of the forum?
Hugs,
Nadia

Annette

Post by Annette »

NadiaK wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am

Same for me. I wonder if it has something to do with how long one has been a member of the forum?
I've been here many years, and have had a gallery for that long too. And been paying for it. :( Hmmmmm......wonder if I can get a refund? The payment comes out automatically every December. Think I'll have a chat to Steve.
Hugs Annette
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

No Nadia, I just tried that now and it works very well for me, and I am not an old member. :D

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Annette wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:34 am

I've been here many years, and have had a gallery for that long too. And been paying for it. :( Hmmmmm......wonder if I can get a refund? The payment comes out automatically every December. Think I'll have a chat to Steve.
I pay for my regular subscription every year, is it part of my membership? I have never really paid attention to what the membership includes, so now I am super curious how this all works.
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~