BID CHEATING

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

BID CHEATING

Post by marilyn »

Looks to me like someone is bidding on this item just to make the price go higher…..what do you think? This auction has 55 bids and I don't know how many are from the same person one right after the other.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323229204506?_ ... 1758.m4704
LovinIt_Crystal

Re: BID CHEATING

Post by LovinIt_Crystal »

I too thought that auction made no sense...And seriously look at all the other ones that ebayer has for sale..No way!! One naked picture and they are all 300-760 :roll: :roll: :roll: Not to mention they all have 40-80 bids or more :evil:
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think you are right Marilyn. I looked at all the reborns this person has for sale and with ALL of them the same bidder keeps raising the bid. Which is nuts considering the person has 1525 positive feedbacks. So my guess is it is definitely someone this seller knows. Really a bad move on their part when you consider they have a lot of of positive feedback with very, very nice antique and vintage items that they normally sell.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Becca

Post by Becca »

I see a baby I would really like but definitely seems the bids are being played with. Sad.
:foryou:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

They have some really cute babies for sale. So sad.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I just quickly looked at this auction and it looks like the person bidding right after herself was trying to outbid someones proxy bid.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Pebby wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:48 pm I just quickly looked at this auction and it looks like the person bidding right after herself was trying to outbid someones proxy bid.
Thing is, there is one person that has bid on ALL the reborn babies and brought the bids up so to me that looks very strange. I am speaking of the person that has 1525 feedbacks who has bid on all the babies not the person who bid that last amount for this particular auction.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
LovinIt_Crystal

georgeanne wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm
Pebby wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:48 pm I just quickly looked at this auction and it looks like the person bidding right after herself was trying to outbid someones proxy bid.
Thing is, there is one person that has bid on ALL the reborn babies and brought the bids up so to me that looks very strange. I am speaking of the person that has 1525 feedbacks who has bid on all the babies not the person who bid that last amount for this particular auction.
If you click on that bidder...it shows they have had 42 bid retraction in the last 6 months...nothing fishy there :roll:
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

LovinIt(Crystal) wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:53 pm
georgeanne wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm
If you click on that bidder...it shows they have had 42 bid retraction in the last 6 months...nothing fishy there :roll:
Wow, I wonder if that person is one of those idiots that is messing with reborn auctions and then when they win retracting their bid. I thought Ebay didn't allow that many retractions? Maybe it isn't the seller who is shady after all.

CatW

Post by CatW »

:roll: You guessed right hun, I was trying to win one of her dolls not knowing if she was an honest seller or not, taking the chance anyway, so I bid on one of the dolls and was quickly outbid, tried to see what would outbid her, but decided after looking at the other dolls bids, it wasn't worth it to be cheated against. Thanks for bringing this out, it happens too much sadly. I don't place bids on dolls much anymore, now that confirms it for me, BIN is the only way to go or buy off of Facebook, directly from a seller or make my own. :foryou:
hugs xo, Cat
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

It sure does sound fishy...............Hugs, Kathy
LovinIt_Crystal

This person just keeps relisting these dolls. I can't see the point of shill bidding on them?? How would these dolls always get 100's of bids, that just doesn't happen. It would be exhausting to keep relisting. I guess they keep hoping for one real super high bidder.
Threads

Post by Threads »

cheats never prosper as the saying goes, may she not sell any
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

That's a shame. It makes everyone suspicious of honest auction ebayers.