Molloy baby vs An Huang baby thoughts?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
trista

Molloy baby vs An Huang baby thoughts?

Post by trista »

I currently have a beautiful bi-racial Antoinette by An Huang.
I love her, she’s perfect in every way except her size. I’m finding that she’s becoming heavy for what I like. Im not convinced
That I want to replace her. I just have recently found myself missing my smaller babies. I saw a Julie Molloy baby and really am fond fond of the sculpt.
Can anyone give any insight on molloy babies? Has anyone owned both molloy and Huang babies? I’m just looking for anything anyone can offer
Thanks
georgeanne

Re: Molloy baby vs An Huang baby thoughts?

Post by georgeanne »

This is purely my thoughts from seeing many Molloy and An babies and just my personal opinion. I would NEVER trade an An Huang baby for a Julie Molloy the quality of the two are miles apart in my opinion. Yes, I get that Molloy babies are squishy like Marshmallows, although that isn't really how humans are constructed but that is what people like about them. Seeing a Molloy baby nakie next to an An Huang baby there is simply no comparison of the quality. I personally think Molloy babies are not realistically sculpted whereas An's babies are sculpted to look exactly like a baby.

AGAIN this is my personal opinion so please no one shoot me. I just would never trade what I consider a high end realistic baby for a baby that isn't.
Last edited by georgeanne on Mon May 14, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
trista

Post by trista »

Thank you! I’ve been waiting for someone who has had both to give their opinion and I’m so glad you did! I understand what your saying about the squishy verses the realistic. I appreciate your thoughts!
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Ok, since we are giving personal opinions only!!
I have never seen or owned an An Huang baby however I have owned two and absolutely adored my Julie Molloy babies !!! I have never been personally attracted to an An Huang baby or had the desire to own one. On the other hand , I would be the first in line for a raffle ticket if Julie was offering a spot for a new baby. Her babies are the cuddliest most amazing little boogers you will ever hold. Each artist has their own idea of realism and every collector has their own expectation.
For me, I’ll take the birds and bees any day. :heart:
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

The one thing that concerns me about Julie Molloy babies is that she pours the limbs and body in separate pieces so the seams look harsh and I seem to notice a pattern of peeling with them. I've seen secondhand Julie babies in great condition but I've also seen many with boo boos.
The one An Huang baby I had unfortunately did have a defect with her matting however I believe I just got unlucky. Her babies are sculpted perfectly, well proportioned, they have armatures, soft core bellies and the drink n wet. Antoinette is also her most beautiful sculpt in my opinion. I would definitely not give her up for a Molloy baby. But that's just my opinion.
Many artists are starting to make the super soft silicone now, if that's what you're looking for. Jennie Lee, Dianna Longo and Dawn Bowie use it. And Noe Art Dolls too I believe.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I think that your concern is the size/weight of the baby. I have a full bodied Hannah Malloy as well as a full body boy from Angela Harris Lewis -- I have the same problem with both -- too heavy to hold and hard to cuddle. I would suggest that you look at cloth bodied silicone babies which are lighter in weight and are so nice to cuddle and pose. JMO Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

JMO, I have never had Molloy dolls or Huang, nor would want to have any of them. But if I had to choose, would stay with Antoniette because she has a realistic body quite well sculpted and it seems that she has quite good finishes. Regarding Molloy babies, I like a lot their sweet and special little faces, but it´s a pity that the bodies have such obvious defects. Again, JMO.

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

I have a An Huang baby (precious) she is smaller than Antoinette a newborn size and weight. Her body is amazing, she is very well proportioned and her body is sculpted very realistically. The silicone is not as soft as a Molloy as you know. But she feels lovely/realistic to hold due to the soft core belly. Plus she is a dream to pose with the armatures.
I have also owned a Molloy baby and he was memory foam soft but did have flaws, seams and no painted details. Maybe the newer Molloys are more detailed. But the appeal is the marshmallow silicone. But as other ladies have said other artists are creating marshmallow memory foam babies that look stunning. Good luck Trista always difficult deciding to part with a baby and worrying you may regret later. X
trista

Post by trista »

Thank you all very much! The weight is my main complaint but if I were to replace her then I would go for a very newborn looking baby. I guess that’s what is drawing me to Julie’s babies. They look so new and snuggly. I am aware they are put together in pieces and many have boo boos. I’m finding I don’t think I care as much about the baby needing to perfectly realistic as far as the the body goes as long as it’s going hold up and look good when I receive it. All silicone has issues of some sort and no baby is perfect, I’m just trying to find the one I love that makes my heart sing....
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

trista wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 am Thank you all very much! The weight is my main complaint but if I were to replace her then I would go for a very newborn looking baby. I guess that’s what is drawing me to Julie’s babies. They look so new and snuggly. I am aware they are put together in pieces and many have boo boos. I’m finding I don’t think I care as much about the baby needing to perfectly realistic as far as the the body goes as long as it’s going hold up and look good when I receive it. All silicone has issues of some sort and no baby is perfect, I’m just trying to find the one I love that makes my heart sing....
I think you've answered your own question without our input. So go with your heart.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
trista

Post by trista »

You all are really nice - thank you so much for putting up with me ❤️
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi, I have seen and held many Molloy babies... I really thought they were kind of ugly like newly hatched birds..
But honestly after holding and cuddling them...they are so precious... When dressed you don't see their joints or little imperfections... and to me the cuddle factor is so important if you like to hold your babies. Good luck.. hugs
trista

Post by trista »

I think they look more newborns then most - and I’ll never know unless I try it. I just need to figure out if I want to or not lol
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I love my little Molloy family!

I saw An’s work at ID&TS, but I’ve never owned one.
trista

Post by trista »

Omg! Tracy I love your baby in blue!!! He’s so freaking cute!!! I don’t usually go for open eyes either! Well I adore my Antoinette but I just find myself wanting a smaller newborn baby lol
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

trista wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm Omg! Tracy I love your baby in blue!!! He’s so freaking cute!!! I don’t usually go for open eyes either! Well I adore my Antoinette but I just find myself wanting a smaller newborn baby lol
That’s Jacob. He’s my newest of Julie’s babies.
MariaJose and Zu

georgeanne wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:47 am
trista wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 am Thank you all very much! The weight is my main complaint but if I were to replace her then I would go for a very newborn looking baby. I guess that’s what is drawing me to Julie’s babies. They look so new and snuggly. I am aware they are put together in pieces and many have boo boos. I’m finding I don’t think I care as much about the baby needing to perfectly realistic as far as the the body goes as long as it’s going hold up and look good when I receive it. All silicone has issues of some sort and no baby is perfect, I’m just trying to find the one I love that makes my heart sing....
I think you've answered your own question without our input. So go with your heart.
I agree. You know what you want. :D

MariaJose and Zu

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:02 pm I love my little Molloy family!

I saw An’s work at ID&TS, but I’ve never owned one.
They are all really cute, I love their little faces. With the clothes on they are charming. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

Oh my goodness Tracy your Molloy babies are beautiful :heart:
Gorgeous little cuddle bugs :D
Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

I've never seen a An Huang in person but have many Julie babies and love how they feel in your arms I can compare them to the new soft babies and they are a bit different. They do snuggle perfectly when you hold them they feel just like a newborn. I love all of my Julie babies follow your heart and you won't be disappointed. Which sculpt are you looking at some are very tiny preemies. I like her newborn the size is perfect.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi: