What do you do when...custom order in Limbo...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
TinaDolly

What do you do when...custom order in Limbo...

Post by TinaDolly »

Someone contacted me on Etsy about reborning a doll kit for her last year. They never mentioned it was a Toddler, I just assumed it was a 20 inch doll kit. Then this year this woman contacts me again and says she finally has the money to send me the doll. I tell her to make sure she puts doll kit on the package and she is responsible for the duty fees. I receive the kit, and of course there is a $59 import charge because she put the value of the doll kit at $500 Canadian. :shock: :shock: :shock:
So I went to the post office to pick up the doll kit, paid the $59 and haven't heard from her in almost a month now. Not only that, she never told me the kit is a toddler so my quote for painting and rooting is not going to be what I originally quoted her. At what point do I cancel this whole transaction and keep this doll kit? I am really starting to get annoyed after 3 messages to her in the last month that she doesn't have 2 seconds to respond to me. I am still very irritated about being charged $59 without the money being returned by this customer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Doll in question is Tifany by Susan Lippl
Last edited by TinaDolly on Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LindaBforbabies

Re: What do you do when...custom order in Limbo...

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Well that is strange...usually it is the other way round..
I would just sit on the doll kit.. Send her another email saying what you
Told us... give her 2 weeks to respond...tell her that...and if you don't
Hear back from her... then consider the kit yours!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:32 am Well that is strange...usually it is the other way round..
I would just sit on the doll kit.. Send her another email saying what you
Told us... give her 2 weeks to respond...tell her that...and if you don't
Hear back from her... then consider the kit yours!
I agree. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Why would someone put such a high value on a kit, unless it's a silicone?
Regardless, I'd have left it at the post office and let them send it back to her. Unless you can recoup the customs charges? And tell her your quote was for a 20" not a toddler.
Hugs Annette
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

Annette wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 pm Why would someone put such a high value on a kit, unless it's a silicone?
Regardless, I'd have left it at the post office and let them send it back to her. Unless you can recoup the customs charges? And tell her your quote was for a 20" not a toddler.
I am thinking she put the value so high if it was already completed by me. It's a vinyl kit Tifany by Susan Lippl

It doesn't even come with the connectors. .. what a mess
Threads

Post by Threads »

Oh what a mess feel for you. I would have left it at the PO to be returned to her, I certainly would not have paid the excess charge. I hope you get it sorted, and soon.