How many?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KLynn17

Re: How many?

Post by KLynn17 »

Wow 34 Silicones!! I would love to see them. Did you ever collect reborns? I started with Reborns but have fallen in love with silicones. Thanks for your input. It makes me feel normal..lol.
MariaJose and Zu wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am You are not alone Kristin. :lol: :lol: :lol: We are many here that have big collections. No matter the amount, but have your favorite babies and the number of them allows you to feel comfortable and can enjoy.

Personally I don´t have any reborn. But have 34 silicone dolls, 8 ooak, 1 resin, 38 big Himstedt, about 15 antique, and about 20 of my childhood.
I have a small room next to my bedroom that is my particular place of rest / work and there, occupying a whole wall there is a custom made furniture for my silicone dolls, a kind of shelves so that they are safe and visible. On another wall, above my desk there are other shelves with capacity for 6 ooak. and in another wall a small showcase where the antiques are. In a infant rocking chair sits Brielle Arcello silicone.
In my bedroom I have my three favorite silicone, 1 resin and 3 ooak.
and in a guest room the Himstedt are sitting on shelves suitable to their size also occupying a whole wall. In that room are also the dolls of my childhood. :D :hug:
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

You and I sound around the same in our collection. Its fun to collect all different dolls to me. I love finding things that just make me smile. One day I will have a nursery when the timing is right.
avigrace96 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:48 am I have 12 reborns, 1 silicone, 1 OOAK. I have probably reached my limit with reborns but would love to add another silicone or OOAK. My reborns are displayed in a large crib, my silicone is separated usually on the boppy or in the car seat, and my OOAK sits in her special place on a bookshelf. Like you, I dream of setting up a full nursery someday. :heart: They are all so special to me.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I think that is it. I feel like I will regret selling any of mine. At the moment it sounds great. Move a baby out and get another new shiny one but at the end of the day I think I would miss them. Thank you for your input.
Sandis Doll House wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:19 am I have 7 reborn and around 20 silicones. I sold so many and have regretted it so much. I miss those babies.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I see dolls at the antique store all the time but I'm clueless about them. I would love to know more about the history of some of them.
Barbara L. wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:35 am I collect all kinds of dolls, antique, reborn, silicone, Himstedts, ooaks, poreclain, dolls from my childhood and my daughters' dolls. Too many to count, but the majority of them are on display in a bedroom on shelves, an antique trunk,a highchair, bassinets, vintage baby strollers and etc.
It is crowded and I would like to have room for a chair in there to sit in, but love it!
I have two dolls in highchairs in my living room and a few in a glass cabinet.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I collect so much I really don't know how many but I would say at least 70......I have lots of one of a kind babies...……….Hugs, Kathy
kelly

Post by kelly »

hello,
i have had my mearabella (maizie by andrea arcello) for a couple years and i just got my Killian (levi by bonnie brown) around christmas. No i do not get bored.I have a boy and a girl which makes shopping fun. They are perfect for me. I have a tiny sleeping baby that i feel comfortable taking out in public and who is so nice to cuddle. And i have a bigger baby who has the happiest smiling expression.
Before these 2 reborns i bought a beregener (my first reborn ) but it lacked realism and i also eneded up with a full body reborn. henry i believe was the kit. I never bonded with that kit I couldn't even figure out a name for him. lol I donated both to charity once i got my mearabella.
Now i am very picky on who i bring home. I would rather have only a few dolls which are painted to look really lifelike then cheaper dolls that don't look very real. I hope i am making since.
Someday i hope to add a toddler and possibly a silicone.
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

KLynn17 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm Wow 34 Silicones!! I would love to see them. Did you ever collect reborns? I started with Reborns but have fallen in love with silicones. Thanks for your input. It makes me feel normal..lol.
MariaJose and Zu wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am You are not alone Kristin. :lol: :lol: :lol: We are many here that have big collections. No matter the amount, but have your favorite babies and the number of them allows you to feel comfortable and can enjoy.

Personally I don´t have any reborn. But have 34 silicone dolls, 8 ooak, 1 resin, 38 big Himstedt, about 15 antique, and about 20 of my childhood.
I have a small room next to my bedroom that is my particular place of rest / work and there, occupying a whole wall there is a custom made furniture for my silicone dolls, a kind of shelves so that they are safe and visible. On another wall, above my desk there are other shelves with capacity for 6 ooak. and in another wall a small showcase where the antiques are. In a infant rocking chair sits Brielle Arcello silicone.
and in a guest room the Himstedt are sitting on shelves suitable to their size also occupying a whole wall. In that room are also the dolls of my childhood. :D :hug:
Thank you Kristin.Will try to show a little more my babies. :D

In the last ten years I have been buying and selling dozens of silicone babies, I have learned hard lessons and taken big losses. But now I know very well what is worth to me or not. And now I have the babies that want to have and love all of them and Ilike them all very much.
As other people have done, I offer you my experience so you can ask what you want.

If you're not sure you want to sell a baby, wait and think about it. It is very sad to regret a sale.

I'm not a fan of reborn babies, I'm sorry. Silicone is my favorite medium.
Only once I bought a reborn because it was a sculpt by a very rare artist that I really like, but the "reborner" did a very bad job. A year later his painting still does not dry and sticks on my fingers just by touching it.
I know there are very good reborners, but don´t like the vinil babies. JMO.
:hug: :foryou:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I have 140 dolls (my little fellow 11 yr old collector just counted them last week!)
They range from about super tiny to 5 yr old child size and are manufactured, reborn, resin, OOAK, silicone and I even have 2 antique bisque dolls. I love them all and cannot part with them! I also have several artist animals.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I have had a much larger collection in the past but decided I'd rather have fewer dolls and enjoy them more. I have 2 reborns, 14 OOAKs, 5 silicones, and two porcelain, plus a few vinyl. I would like to add another FBS if I can ever afford it. So many other things to spend my money on right now.
Emma Rose
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I always feel guilty about the size I have. I honestly didn't know people had such big collections. It makes me happy to hear. :elephant:
tuckerk wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm I collect so much I really don't know how many but I would say at least 70......I have lots of one of a kind babies...……….Hugs, Kathy
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

That is great! I also love shopping for mine. It makes the hobby so much fun. I also love washing the clothing in Dreft. It takes me back to when my real children were little babies. I feel the same way about quality dolls. I do like to find nice ones that I won't want to sell. Thanks for chatting.

kelly wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm hello,
i have had my mearabella (maizie by andrea arcello) for a couple years and i just got my Killian (levi by bonnie brown) around christmas. No i do not get bored.I have a boy and a girl which makes shopping fun. They are perfect for me. I have a tiny sleeping baby that i feel comfortable taking out in public and who is so nice to cuddle. And i have a bigger baby who has the happiest smiling expression.
Before these 2 reborns i bought a beregener (my first reborn ) but it lacked realism and i also eneded up with a full body reborn. henry i believe was the kit. I never bonded with that kit I couldn't even figure out a name for him. lol I donated both to charity once i got my mearabella.
Now i am very picky on who i bring home. I would rather have only a few dolls which are painted to look really lifelike then cheaper dolls that don't look very real. I hope i am making since.
Someday i hope to add a toddler and possibly a silicone.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

140! Wow that is amazing. I would also love to see your doll room. I have a 12 year old daughter who also started collecting. She is saving her money right now for a silicone at the doll show next year. Bless her heart. I don't think she realizes how expensive they are.
Debbie@TNGUN wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:49 am I have 140 dolls (my little fellow 11 yr old collector just counted them last week!)
They range from about super tiny to 5 yr old child size and are manufactured, reborn, resin, OOAK, silicone and I even have 2 antique bisque dolls. I love them all and cannot part with them! I also have several artist animals.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I think I love having a variety in my collection as well. I take mine out and rotate them because of space. If I ever have a room for mine I will have them all out. I just love looking at them all and dressing them. So much fun. Thanks for your input. :elephant:
~Valerie~Anne~ wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 pm I have had a much larger collection in the past but decided I'd rather have fewer dolls and enjoy them more. I have 2 reborns, 14 OOAKs, 5 silicones, and two porcelain, plus a few vinyl. I would like to add another FBS if I can ever afford it. So many other things to spend my money on right now.
LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

I would tell you but then I would have to destroy my computer so no one in the family would know, LOL. I actually don't know. I have given away quite a few and really need to downsize more, but, like you I love them all. It is so hard to part with them and hard to resell so I have given where I know they will be treasured and enjoyed. I have one small doll room and another bedroom whose bed is full plus a few in my living room. I think of them as "touchable" art.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: This cracked me up. I totally understand about not wanting to say how many. Its so hard to downsize. I admire the people that have self control because I do not..lol. I don't have that mentality of getting rid of one to get another. I just keep adding them in but I love it. :hug:

LanaDollfana wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm I would tell you but then I would have to destroy my computer so no one in the family would know, LOL. I actually don't know. I have given away quite a few and really need to downsize more, but, like you I love them all. It is so hard to part with them and hard to resell so I have given where I know they will be treasured and enjoyed. I have one small doll room and another bedroom whose bed is full plus a few in my living room. I think of them as "touchable" art.
mstarw47_Marie

Post by mstarw47_Marie »

Many dolls have come and gone for me. I started collecting dolls around 2000 starting with Lee Middleton dolls. Fell in love with reborns and even tried my hand at reborning, but the art became much more refined and above my abilities so I'm just a collector now.

Currently I have 6 reborns, 4 manufactured babies, 2 FBS and one FBS mini. They are all in my bedroom where I love to look at them and occasionally change their clothes. They make me happy.

I had to sell half my collection when I moved, although I have brought and sold many babies over the years. I most regret selling my Julie Molloy Paige and Claire Taylor Amelia, both of whom I had to sell to raise money for moving expenses back in 2016.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Here you go KLynn! These photos were taken before the number reached 140. But there are plenty in there! :D

KLynn17 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm Wow 34 Silicones!! I would love to see them. Did you ever collect reborns? I started with Reborns but have fallen in love with silicones. Thanks for your input. It makes me feel normal..lol.

Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

Thank you! What a cute cozy place!!! I want to come play :baby1: I would love a space like this one day. So much fun! You have a gorgeous collection Thanks for sharing. :hug:

Debbie@TNGUN wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 am Here you go KLynn! These photos were taken before the number reached 140. But there are plenty in there! :D

Threads

Post by Threads »

wow, there are some great collection - I have 14 reborns that I use for models and they are in a box, these go from 5inches to 23 inches, I take out the one I am going to make the outfit for and work from there.

I have two reborns on display in the dining room, one on a chair one in a high chair. I have two full-size full bodied silicones 1 full bodied 12" silicone. two 9" ones, one 7" one and a 12" clay baby they are all on a pouffe in the lounge. Oh and plus two Masterpiece Dolls.

susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

I use to own 26 reborns and sold all of them when i bought my first silicone.
I have owned many silicones, (cloth & full body) but i only own two that i would never part with :D Both have boo boos and are not high quality babies but they are very special to me.
I have 6 silicone babies presently and will be selling at least two as we are moving house soon. So i need to downsize on babies.