How many?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KLynn17

How many?

Post by KLynn17 »

:hi ya:

I'm just curious how many dolls you have. I can't seem to part with any because I get attached!!! Maybe if I knew I wasn't alone I would be ok with it.. :lol:

I would love to know how many reborns you have, and how many silicones. Also maybe where do you store them? Do you display all at once? Are some in boxes, and some on display. I would love to hear your input. I have mine in my Master Bedroom for now. I have 4 kids taking up rooms, and my husband has an office. We have a huge guest house over the garage I'm dreaming of making into a dollie room some day.

Tell me I'm not alone :lol:

I have 11 Reborns (these include my 2 micro premies), and 2 Silicones (one FBS and one Partial)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
avigrace96

Re: How many?

Post by avigrace96 »

I have 12 reborns, 1 silicone, 1 OOAK. I have probably reached my limit with reborns but would love to add another silicone or OOAK. My reborns are displayed in a large crib, my silicone is separated usually on the boppy or in the car seat, and my OOAK sits in her special place on a bookshelf. Like you, I dream of setting up a full nursery someday. :heart: They are all so special to me.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I have 7 reborn and around 20 silicones. I sold so many and have regretted it so much. I miss those babies.
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

I collect all kinds of dolls, antique, reborn, silicone, Himstedts, ooaks, poreclain, dolls from my childhood and my daughters' dolls. Too many to count, but the majority of them are on display in a bedroom on shelves, an antique trunk,a highchair, bassinets, vintage baby strollers and etc.
It is crowded and I would like to have room for a chair in there to sit in, but love it!
I have two dolls in highchairs in my living room and a few in a glass cabinet.
Last edited by Barbara L. on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

You are not alone Kristin. :lol: :lol: :lol: We are many here that have big collections. No matter the amount, but have your favorite babies and the number of them allows you to feel comfortable and can enjoy.

Personally I don´t have any reborn. But have 34 silicone dolls, 8 ooak, 1 resin, 38 big Himstedt, about 15 antique, and about 20 of my childhood.
I have a small room next to my bedroom that is my particular place of rest / work and there, occupying a whole wall there is a custom made furniture for my silicone dolls, a kind of shelves so that they are safe and visible. On another wall, above my desk there are other shelves with capacity for 6 ooak. and in another wall a small showcase where the antiques are. In a infant rocking chair sits Brielle Arcello silicone.
In my bedroom I have my three favorite silicone, 1 resin and 3 ooak.
and in a guest room the Himstedt are sitting on shelves suitable to their size also occupying a whole wall. In that room are also the dolls of my childhood. :D :hug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
LovinIt_Crystal

Post by LovinIt_Crystal »

MariaJose and Zu wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am You are not alone Kristin. :lol: :lol: :lol: We are many here that have big collections. No matter the amount, but have your favorite babies and the number of them allows you to feel comfortable and can enjoy.

Personally I don´t have any reborn. But have 34 silicone dolls, 8 ooak, 1 resin, 38 big Himstedt, about 15 antique, and about 20 of my childhood.
I have a small room next to my bedroom that is my particular place of rest / work and there, occupying a whole wall there is a custom made furniture for my silicone dolls, a kind of shelves so that they are safe and visible. On another wall, above my desk there are other shelves with capacity for 6 ooak. and in another wall a small showcase where the antiques are. In a infant rocking chair sits Brielle Arcello silicone.
In my bedroom I have my three favorite silicone, 1 resin and 3 ooak.
and in a guest room the Himstedt are sitting on shelves suitable to their size also occupying a whole wall. In that room are also the dolls of my childhood. :D :hug:
I would be interested in seeing the custom furniture. I've gotten WAY to many babies and I want so badly to figure out a nice way to display them. I can't seem to part with anyone!!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I have a doll room... it’s not big...but is my special place.. I have car seats, strollers, pram a big cabinet a full size crib and everything pertaining to my dolls in my doll room. I have a variety of dolls.. but mostly reborns... I really enjoy them the most. I have had several silicones over the years...but usually sell them... I also have a rocking chair for me in my little doll room... I have about 40 dolls in my doll room right now. I probably have enough clothes to dress 200 dolls lol!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I have collected dolls for many years and have all mediums including many antique bisque and composition dolls. I have them displayed in a doll cabinet in my living room as well as in carriages and high chairs. One of my bedrooms is my doll room. This is where I display all my reborns, silicones and ooaks. There I have an antique crib, a double bed, a changing table, as well as several prams and baskets. I also have a chest of drawers and closet filled with endless baby clothes and accessories. The last time I counted, I think I had 60 dolls in total. But since then I have gotten several reborns so I know the number is higher now. At one time I had more than 60 but downsized and sold all of my larger dolls like my Himstedts.
Hugs,
Nadia

kelly

Post by kelly »

i have 2 reborns. I display them in their bouncer or car seat either in the living room or master bedroom.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I have 1 silicone mini (10"), 1 vinyl mini (9"), 5 mini resins, and 2 reborns. I just started collecting about a year and a half ago. I have a loft that is my nursery with a cradle, bassinet, full size crib with the side off as a sitting area, a moses basket and the mini's are in small bassinets, cradles, prams on a dresser.
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I have a lesser amount than I used to have before we moved but my total count on dolls is around 160.
I have no silicones, 44 reborns, from minis to a toddler. Most are in the newborn size. I have 2 OOAK's , the rest are cloth & manufactured artist dolls
from when I started collecting in 1991. I love them all! Never feel guilty for enjoying your doll collection!!!
My dolls here have their own home in the smallest bedroom, except 8 are in the living room or dining room.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
JackieKay

Post by JackieKay »

I have 152 dolls - most are the large life-sized Masterpiece dolls and they are displayed all over my house in antique carriages and high chairs and other old baby things - there's even one in a bathroom - and I have a large doll room with a full-size round crib. I have 20 reborns - no silicones - although I think I'd like to own just one someday. My dolls give me SO much joy - they're like 3-D paintings that I never get tired of looking at. I know someday I'll have to scale down - probably move to a smaller place - and when that happens it's going to be VERY hard to decide what ones to keep and what ones to let go.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

i have 9 silicones. I rotate my collection as I feel the need but have a few keepers that will never go anywhere!
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

Wow! This was fun. I have LOVED reading all of these responses!!!! All of us are so different. This hobby is so much fun. I feel better now..haha! Thank you all for answering.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I love how you described them as 3D painting!!! They really are a work of art. I think it will be very hard for you to decide as I have tried to let a couple go recently but its so hard.

JackieKay wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 pm I have 152 dolls - most are the large life-sized Masterpiece dolls and they are displayed all over my house in antique carriages and high chairs and other old baby things - there's even one in a bathroom - and I have a large doll room with a full-size round crib. I have 20 reborns - no silicones - although I think I'd like to own just one someday. My dolls give me SO much joy - they're like 3-D paintings that I never get tired of looking at. I know someday I'll have to scale down - probably move to a smaller place - and when that happens it's going to be VERY hard to decide what ones to keep and what ones to let go.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

Wow 160. That is amazing!!! Would love to see a picture of your doll room. That is amazing.

Barbydoll wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am I have a lesser amount than I used to have before we moved but my total count on dolls is around 160.
I have no silicones, 44 reborns, from minis to a toddler. Most are in the newborn size. I have 2 OOAK's , the rest are cloth & manufactured artist dolls
from when I started collecting in 1991. I love them all! Never feel guilty for enjoying your doll collection!!!
My dolls here have their own home in the smallest bedroom, except 8 are in the living room or dining room.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I love mini babies too!
Deb17 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 am I have 1 silicone mini (10"), 1 vinyl mini (9"), 5 mini resins, and 2 reborns. I just started collecting about a year and a half ago. I have a loft that is my nursery with a cradle, bassinet, full size crib with the side off as a sitting area, a moses basket and the mini's are in small bassinets, cradles, prams on a dresser.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I would love to see your doll room as well. I can't wait to have a space just for my dolls someday. How neat to walk into a room and see them all and be able to close the door and just enjoy them.

NadiaK wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 am I have collected dolls for many years and have all mediums including many antique bisque and composition dolls. I have them displayed in a doll cabinet in my living room as well as in carriages and high chairs. One of my bedrooms is my doll room. This is where I display all my reborns, silicones and ooaks. There I have an antique crib, a double bed, a changing table, as well as several prams and baskets. I also have a chest of drawers and closet filled with endless baby clothes and accessories. The last time I counted, I think I had 60 dolls in total. But since then I have gotten several reborns so I know the number is higher now. At one time I had more than 60 but downsized and sold all of my larger dolls like my Himstedts.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

How long have you had your two? Do you get bored with them or have you had them a long time? I need a car seat. I think they are so cute displayed that way.
kelly wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 am i have 2 reborns. I display them in their bouncer or car seat either in the living room or master bedroom.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I would love a doll room. I have a nursery chair in my Master where my dolls are as well. Its what I used with my children. I love that!
LindaBforbabies wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 am I have a doll room... it’s not big...but is my special place.. I have car seats, strollers, pram a big cabinet a full size crib and everything pertaining to my dolls in my doll room. I have a variety of dolls.. but mostly reborns... I really enjoy them the most. I have had several silicones over the years...but usually sell them... I also have a rocking chair for me in my little doll room... I have about 40 dolls in my doll room right now. I probably have enough clothes to dress 200 dolls lol!