First baby vs. Last

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Blissful_Babies

First baby vs. Last

Post by Blissful_Babies »

Ive been thinking about how much the this community changed in terms of how certain artists make their babies, especially the first reborn I got vs the one newest one in the nursery. Please share either the first and last reborn you created or just the first and last baby in your collections! I think this will be a fun post.

And as always, be kind :foryou:
Taylor
KLynn17

Re: First baby vs. Last

Post by KLynn17 »

My very first reborn was Derrik Sculpt by Tami Yari, and painted by Julie Beck from her personal collection (purchased in Nov 2016.) This was supposed to be a purchase for my daughter at the time but I confused reborns with silicones. She ended up being mine because when I opened the box I was in complete AWE! I still have her and refuse to ever let her go. She is the reason for all my madness. I think I lucked out because my first was amazing, and Julie is an amazing artist.

My last purchase was Valentino by Laura Tuzio Ross and he is FBS (purchased in May 2018.) He is amazing and I love him. He is definitely a HUGE purchase for me. My most expensive yet but I don't regret it.

This is a fun one. I can't wait to see everyones. Have a blessed weekend!!!!
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

My first reborn was an eBay purchase in autumn 2013. She was Tracy by Donna Rubert. I think I got a beautiful doll for the money I spent and having very little knowledge about reborns. I kind of wish I'd kept her.

My most recent purchase was a dream babe for me, AP Janika. I have named her Hazel Louise. She is an angel.

Chris

safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

My first was a welcome home emily with original limbs who i still have

My last is saskia aka luca painted by Jodi Slater
luca 1.JPG
He's my one and only boy so quite a change. Love them both though.

Jo in the UK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frannie

Post by frannie »

What a fun topic, I love to see everybody's babies :elephant: !

My first baby was a reborn by Sheila Michaels back in 2004, it's funny to see what was called reborn back then :wink: ...

My last baby was the full body silicone Purdey by Lilianne Breedveld and reborn by Debbie Henshaw - it's amazing how realism has progressed in the doll world!

I hope to see many more older and new babies in this thread!
:heart: Bray :heart:
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I love this thread! It is so wonderful to see how we, as collectors, have "evolved" in time along with this art. I am going to attempt to post images from imgur, keeping my fingers crossed that they appear.

My first baby was "Cozy" by an unknown artist June 2015

My last baby was "Levi" reborned by Lucie Boiron and arrived today