Too Many Questions???

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KLynn17

Too Many Questions???

Post by KLynn17 »

As a collector wanting to buy expensive silicone babies directly from the artist I would like to know how many questions is too many before you get annoyed with a potential buyer. I’m a buyer that will ask & ask but im always apologizing & feeling guilty 😬 This also applies to reborns but I ask way more with silicones. Any input?
avigrace96

Re: Too Many Questions???

Post by avigrace96 »

As long as the questions cannot be answered otherwise, I think it is fair to ask the seller however many you need to get the information you are looking for. I can't speak from selling silicones, but selling reborns I get a lot of questions about length and kit features which can be found by doing very simple research on retailer sites (not to mention I try to include all of that in my descriptions) or I get questions about things that have already been stated in the descriptions which can be a little bothersome. All other questions are greatly welcomed. If you are worried about asking too many, maybe make a list so you can ask as many as you can think of at once and do not have to inquire as many times. In my opinion, sellers should be prepared and willing to answer questions though.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think you should ask away. For the most part sellers will be happy to answer questions before a buyer purchases so all the bases are covered. There have been a number of time wasters on DF in the last year or so however so I would as avigrace96 has suggested have a list of questions you want to ask.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tysonsnan

Post by tysonsnan »

Basic information like SCULP NAME,SCULPTER ,LENGHT & WEIGHT ,SHOULD always be added to every doll for sale ,as a common courtesy to those looking to buy.
That information will tell you instantly if the doll is to big ,to small, or to heavy for your liking .
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

No its not basic questions. Its just a lot of back and forth about the type of silicone, how its poured, Eco Flex, which pictures are the ones she painted, if armatures can be optional, etc. I think next time I will write all the questions down, and send them all at once. I feel like I'm annoying her, and that isn't a good feeling. This doll is a lot of money. She has also read messages, and just ignored them for a couple of days, and will respond when talking about the deposit. I feel like she wants to answer after I commit and pay the deposit, but I don't want to pay until I'm absolutely sure about the specific things I'm asking. I don't want to leave anything out and regret my purchase. I'm trying to get things in order to purchase a doll to be able to open on Christmas. Maybe customs aren't for me. Thank you all for your input.
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

For as much money as some of these dolls cost, the seller should be willing to answer your questions without you feeling guilty. I think putting all of the questions together is a good idea so you're not going back and forth so much. That can be tiring. Good luck with this baby, hope it works out.
Emma Rose
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

These dolls are high end purchases. If a seller is not willing to answer reasonable questions then I'd be hanging on to my money until I found a seller who is. Just my opinion of course.

Jo in the UK
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

An artist should answer ALL your questions before you commit. and not just about the deposit ,that to me is rude!!! and unprofessional
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1