ROSE or ID&TS

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KLynn17

ROSE or ID&TS

Post by KLynn17 »

I’m planning on attending a Doll Show next year (what i want for my 40th Bday gift.) I can only go to 1. I’ve never been to a doll show before. Any opinions/advice on which one I should choose. I live in Alabama if that helps. Travel expenses are not a concern.
jubileejulie

Re: ROSE or ID&TS

Post by jubileejulie »

ROSE for sure. I have been to ROSE for the last 4 years and it has grown every year. It is so much fun. The energy and vibes are so positive and friendly. I went to IDTS this year because it was very close to my home and I had a great time but overall the experience was nothing like ROSE! I can't wait to get on that plane next week and head to Utah!
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

jubileejulie wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am ROSE for sure. I have been to ROSE for the last 4 years and it has grown every year. It is so much fun. The energy and vibes are so positive and friendly. I went to IDTS this year because it was very close to my home and I had a great time but overall the experience was nothing like ROSE! I can't wait to get on that plane next week and head to Utah!
ROSE it is!!!!! I have a year to plan 💕🤗 Is it in Utah every year?
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I have never been to ROSE but this is my 3rd year at ID&TS. While it has always been a smaller show than ROSE, it seems that the show was a bit less exciting this year than previous years. I think being in a new venue where things were so spread out and the hotel so congested affected the overall atmosphere of the show. They are looking to have it in different venue next year. I still had a good time and my air dry painting class went very well. Had a fabulous group of 11 ladies!
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

If you are mostly interested in reborns, I would suggest ROSE. ROSE is a lot of fun - this will be my 4th year in a row that I've gone. If you are interested in all kinds of dolls and teddy bears, then IDTS would be a good choice.
teri - and my sweeties

KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

anjsmiles Angie wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:31 am I have never been to ROSE but this is my 3rd year at ID&TS. While it has always been a smaller show than ROSE, it seems that the show was a bit less exciting this year than previous years. I think being in a new venue where things were so spread out and the hotel so congested affected the overall atmosphere of the show. They are looking to have it in different venue next year. I still had a good time and my air dry painting class went very well. Had a fabulous group of 11 ladies!
I've heard very similar things. I'm glad you had a great time :elephant: It looked like fun.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

Californiateri wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:55 am If you are mostly interested in reborns, I would suggest ROSE. ROSE is a lot of fun - this will be my 4th year in a row that I've gone. If you are interested in all kinds of dolls and teddy bears, then IDTS would be a good choice.
Yes I'm mostly interested in reborns and silicones. Sounds like Rose is the show for me. I do love those Meadow dolls though. I thought those were really cute in the videos I saw on Youtube. :baby1:
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

jubileejulie wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 am ROSE for sure. I have been to ROSE for the last 4 years and it has grown every year. It is so much fun. The energy and vibes are so positive and friendly. I went to IDTS this year because it was very close to my home and I had a great time but overall the experience was nothing like ROSE! I can't wait to get on that plane next week and head to Utah!
My thoughts exactly ~ I can't wait to see you in Utah Julie :toast:
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Melinda wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:49 pm
My thoughts exactly ~ I can't wait to see you in Utah Julie :toast:
Looking forward to seeing you again too Melinda.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

KLynn17 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:03 am
ROSE it is!!!!! I have a year to plan 💕🤗 Is it in Utah every year?
It has been in Utah the last 2 years and I kind of think it is there to stay. I hope to meet you at a show one day!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Oh the shows sound like so much fun...…...years ago I had gone to a few doll shows in St. louis(that was when Neblina himstedt was a new sculpt......and had so much fun...…….they quit having doll shows...…...Hugs, Kathy