Shipping expensive doll outside the US? Mark low value as gift?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LindaBforbabies

Re: Shipping expensive doll outside the US? Mark low value as gift?

Post by LindaBforbabies »

avrilm wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Marking as gift only works if value of item is marked low.. We get charged on anything over £28 GBP..
and we also get charged tax on shipping costs that we have already paid..

I would not have my doll collection if the Doll Artists and special friends I have bought from didn't work with me..
Customs here are unbelievably high now and will be even worse when Brexit happens..

Just an example..
A friend bought a high end silicone from USA and was charged £2975 GBP to get her out of customs.. when you add that onto price of the doll it makes them out of reach for most collectors..

Hugs
Avrilm

Avril I would work with you any time, and have done this for many of the ladies in the UK who have bought from me.
:foryou: :foryou:
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Just say no!! We have certain members on this site who always try to make this happen and it is risky risky.. Can you say "Italy"??? Yeah.. NO.. DO NOT ship a doll to Italy without it being fully insured. The buyer can say they take "full responsibility" but as other posters have said - the responsibility falls on YOU unless they sent you the funds as a "gift" which of course they don't want to do.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I've done it, but the person had to pay with friends & family. I haven't done it for awhile now and I'd rather not.