I have never before seen this on a Claire Taylor Doll

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Susan Cornelius

I have never before seen this on a Claire Taylor Doll

Post by Susan Cornelius »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Doll- ... Swil5bPAz4

Great doll if someone can fix her. I have NEVER seen any of Claire's dolls do this (missing toes). I wonder what happened. Either way wish I was a silicone painter!!
Susan Cornelius

Re: I have never before seen this on a Claire Taylor Doll

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Something doesn't look right with the back of the legs either. I wonder if this doll is original or a copy.
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

They have 0 feedback so I would be super nervous. Something is a little off with this listing.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I purchased a Claire Taylor doll in 2011 from a lady here on DF. He was Simon. He was done in 2008 in an edition of 20 but only 8 were made. His toes had been "chewed off by a cat" -- and looked just like that. I sent him to Claire who gave him a needed repaint. She also made him a new leg. Here are pictures of him. Ruth
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I wonder if an animal got ahold of the kit.......
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Whatever happened seems like Claire would sell another leg to the person who buys the kit. I still have Simon. If you wonder about his paint...Claire wrote that she specifically repainted him to be like what she would have originally painted him. Found that interesting. I emailed the seller to ask the reason for the missing toes.... Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Seller responded to my email question saying that her 4 year old nephew did the damage. Ruth
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

cookielover wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:34 pm Seller responded to my email question saying that her 4 year old nephew did the damage. Ruth
Wow! Thanks Ruth.