Adding photos to classified post

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Denisewh

Adding photos to classified post

Post by Denisewh »

If someone could guide me to instructions on how to place photographs in a classified ad I would so appreciate it. I have them stored in photobucket, have gone to the photo, hit image url which automatically seems to copy it and then paste it in the ad. When I am finished I wind up with only one photo showing up and it was done the same way as the others. Thank you so much.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Adding photos to classified post

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

All you need to do is if you have your album up on photobucket roll over each pic and you'll see a little icon in the top right corner and a drop down menu and click on 'share links' and click on the one the says IMG and then paste it into your message. You don't need to do the IMG thing on here or anything else just paste it in. :)

Make sure after you paste in each pic that you hit enter so you drop down below to the next line to paste in the next pic. That might help.

Here this might help. This is how it should look. I took this from the ad I did last night. of course your coding will be different and unique to your photos but that is how it should be laid out anyway. :)

Denisewh

Post by Denisewh »

Thanks. I thought that was what I was doing but started over and now they are showing up. Thanks so much for your detailed instructions. I will save this for the future.
Denisewh

Post by Denisewh »

Okay, I see my post looks great with the photos showing up but it is not going to the list. On the page that shows the post in the clothing group it is highlighted in yellow with a camera and a red x for images. I must have missed something but not sure what it was.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

When you are using the actual classified section(rarely used, unfortunately) what you are missing is the thumbnail. There's a short blurb/instructions when uploading images to select the "T" over one of them to make it the thumnail...is it's not selected you are just going to get the default camera pic.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret