Not being treated fairly...

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Re: Not being treated fairly...

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

Nya has posted that people think she is a scamner and she is tired of it. I did not see anyone call her a scammer. Deannea chose not to deal with a minor. She has been screwed around before. It is her right to sell or trade with who she wishes. She was polite and businesslike
She states in her siggie that her mother supervises her transactions yet is upset if someone wants to be in communication with her mommy. Nya herself says she understands that someone might be skeptical doing a transaction with a minor so why is she upset that someone wants to talk to mom. Mother is responsible for her transactions. Nya should accept that she might be asked ...I do not understand why she is offended other than she is a child and young and not matured enough to understand the legal aspects. If she wants a tattoo her mom as to sign the consent. She can not get a job or sign a contract. She can not see an R rated movie. It is part of being a child and there are restrictions.

As for the legal issues. A contract or agreement with a minor is not legally binding. If you hire a minor to reborn a doll for you and you pay her or send her the parts legally she is not allowed to enter an agreement like that. She is required to refund you but you would probably end up in small claims court if she was like the majority of kiddy con artists you find on FB.

Also. A minor's parent can legally void any purchase their child makes.
You as an adult can sell an item to a child and that childs parent has the right to null that transaction. You can sell your kit or sili or reborn to a 15 year old and she might have buyers remorse. ..or just bought the item to see it...or mom and dad decide they dont want their kid spending money on it and BAM. Get ready to give a refund.

"Under state laws, parents of nonemancipated minors can void purchases and other contracts their children have made without adult permission, especially those involving face-to-face transactions, where sellers are in a position to know or suspect they’re dealing with an underage consumer, says Therese Franzén, a lawyer based in Atlanta. That means if your 13-year-old clears out his or her piggy bank and shuffles off to the local electronics store to buy a new cell phone, there’s a good chance the purchase is voidable, even if the store has a no-return policy.

But there are exceptions, including for necessities, such as food, clothing, and lodging."
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news ... /index.htm

This information is in no way posted by me to discredit Nya in any way.
I have posted it because these are the facts and the reason some do not wish to enter into transactions with children. Heck I am gunshy...have you SEEN WHAT GOES ON OVER ON FB??? Holy crow.
Nya_and_babies1230

Post by Nya_and_babies1230 »

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:Nya has posted that people think she is a scamner and she is tired of it. I did not see anyone call her a scammer. Deannea chose not to deal with a minor. She has been screwed around before. It is her right to sell or trade with who she wishes. She was polite and businesslike
She states in her siggie that her mother supervises her transactions yet is upset if someone wants to be in communication with her mommy. Nya herself says she understands that someone might be skeptical doing a transaction with a minor so why is she upset that someone wants to talk to mom. Mother is responsible for her transactions. Nya should accept that she might be asked ...I do not understand why she is offended other than she is a child and young and not matured enough to understand the legal aspects. If she wants a tattoo her mom as to sign the consent. She can not get a job or sign a contract. She can not see an R rated movie. It is part of being a child and there are restrictions.

As for the legal issues. A contract or agreement with a minor is not legally binding. If you hire a minor to reborn a doll for you and you pay her or send her the parts legally she is not allowed to enter an agreement like that. She is required to refund you but you would probably end up in small claims court if she was like the majority of kiddy con artists you find on FB.

Also. A minor's parent can legally void any purchase their child makes.
You as an adult can sell an item to a child and that childs parent has the right to null that transaction. You can sell your kit or sili or reborn to a 15 year old and she might have buyers remorse. ..or just bought the item to see it...or mom and dad decide they dont want their kid spending money on it and BAM. Get ready to give a refund.

"Under state laws, parents of nonemancipated minors can void purchases and other contracts their children have made without adult permission, especially those involving face-to-face transactions, where sellers are in a position to know or suspect they’re dealing with an underage consumer, says Therese Franzén, a lawyer based in Atlanta. That means if your 13-year-old clears out his or her piggy bank and shuffles off to the local electronics store to buy a new cell phone, there’s a good chance the purchase is voidable, even if the store has a no-return policy.

But there are exceptions, including for necessities, such as food, clothing, and lodging."
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news ... /index.htm

This information is in no way posted by me to discredit Nya in any way.
I have posted it because these are the facts and the reason some do not wish to enter into transactions with children. Heck I am gunshy...have you SEEN WHAT GOES ON OVER ON FB??? Holy crow.
Nya's mom here. Nya did not directly say to anyone that she feels she is being called a scammer. In fact it hasn't happened on doll fan. It has happened elsewhere. She is just making a generalized statement. In no way was this even directed to one person. We all know the law and Nya and any other minor has no choice but to accept what the law states. she is just was venting. She understands the legal aspects as they have been explained, it's just frustrating to her. Nothing more than that. She is fully aware of the law. trust me. it's just a learning experience. She doesn't have fb so any fb business is done through me. It really isn't a big deal. All business is done through me, end of story. not sure if everyone saw that earlier. ~Catherine
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

Not sure if I am speaking to Nya's mother as she does not have an acct so I can only address the OP. Your statement mentioned no other forum ; it was perceived as dollfan ;) Just a few hours earlier u were turned down for a trade. Yes...I see how a child might get frustrated over that....that is how children can be :D .
Don't take it personally honey. Most here have children so it is easy to understand why an adult would prefer not to have a transaction knowing the legalities and maturity level of the younger sect. Good luck and enjoy your dolls. Like I stated, I love seeing that some girls your age still play with dolls. Don't be in a hurry to grow up either. It is over rated :lol:
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:Not sure if I am speaking to Nya's mother as she does not have an acct so I can only address the OP. Your statement mentioned no other forum ; it was perceived as dollfan ;) Just a few hours earlier u were turned down for a trade. Yes...I see how a child might get frustrated over that....that is how children can be :D .
Don't take it personally honey. Most here have children so it is easy to understand why an adult would prefer not to have a transaction knowing the legalities and maturity level of the younger sect. Good luck and enjoy your dolls. Like I stated, I love seeing that some girls your age still play with dolls. Don't be in a hurry to grow up either. It is over rated :lol:
Way over rated lol. 8)
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

Life isn't fair that's just how it is. If life was fair, no one would get cancer and I wouldn't be sitting at my Daddy's bedside as he fights cancer and a horrible infection; my friend wouldn't be mourning the loss of her dear husband, only having been told a few month earlier that he even had cancer. Two of my sons best friends just lost their Dad at Christmas. He took his medication for MS and a Sudifed and went to bed, during the night he slipped into a coma and less than 2 weeks later, he died at only 53 yrs old. If life was fair, mother's wouldn't have to bury their children while other mothers throw theirs into the garbage. If life was fair children wouldn't starve to death while other children stuff their faces; if life was fair soldiers fighting for our freedom would all come home alive and not in a casket. Life isn't fair and the majority of mature people know this and they don't go around stomping their feet saying it isn't fair that someone chose to not do a trade with them because they are a minor, and so they are being treated unfairly. Children will always be treated differently than adults, because they are children. The thing I find funny is that with most minors, they want to be treated like adults until something doesn't go their way and then all of a sudden we hear how they are just children and we should be more understanding. If a child wants to play with the big girls, then they need to deal with everything that comes with playing with the big girls and often that is disappointment. Life isn't fair and often when anyone wants to do a trade, they are told "no". Not everyone should be forced into a trade just to protect the tender feelings of a child. In real life, not all players get a trophy just for playing.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:Life isn't fair that's just how it is. If life was fair, no one would get cancer and I wouldn't be sitting at my Daddy's bedside as he fights cancer and a horrible infection; my friend wouldn't be mourning the loss of her dear husband, only having been told a few month earlier that he even had cancer. Two of my sons best friends just lost their Dad at Christmas. He took his medication for MS and a Sudifed and went to bed, during the night he slipped into a coma and less than 2 weeks later, he died at only 53 yrs old. If life was fair, mother's wouldn't have to bury their children while other mothers throw theirs into the garbage. If life was fair children wouldn't starve to death while other children stuff their faces; if life was fair soldiers fighting for our freedom would all come home alive and not in a casket. Life isn't fair and the majority of mature people know this and they don't go around stomping their feet saying it isn't fair that someone chose to not do a trade with them because they are a minor, and so they are being treated unfairly. Children will always be treated differently than adults, because they are children. The thing I find funny is that with most minors, they want to be treated like adults until something doesn't go their way and then all of a sudden we hear how they are just children and we should be more understanding. If a child wants to play with the big girls, then they need to deal with everything that comes with playing with the big girls and often that is disappointment. Life isn't fair and often when anyone wants to do a trade, they are told "no". Not everyone should be forced into a trade just to protect the tender feelings of a child. In real life, not all players get a trophy just for playing.
:toast:
Well said~~and all too true.