ROOTING DILEMMA, please help!

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
SunshineValley

ROOTING DILEMMA, please help!

Post by SunshineValley »

Hi,

I have a dilemma, I painted my little (big) Arianna by Reva Schick. I am very happy with how she turned out. Now I am thinking to root her but I like her so much the way she is, but she does look unrealistic without hair. Now I would like to have her with light blond hair but I am afraid to fail nice rooting or the hair become messy after a few years.

What should I do? Just root her so she looks more realistic of leave her bald? I love the way Nikki Holland roots her toddlers.... but I am afraid for the hair getting messy.
waterwaybabies

Re: ROOTING DILEMMA, please help!

Post by waterwaybabies »

i would be tempted to try a really good quality baby wig.x
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

Just my personal opinion as a collector...it would seem odd to me to see a toddler with no or little hair
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

See if Nikki Holland will give her some hair for you, or contact her for a tip or two. I don't know if she does that but, it is worth asking. Also, don't use curly hair or have it styled long-ish because it will get tangles. Just a bit of nice, straight hair will work.
Last edited by Brooke on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I say definitely root her or have her rooted. She needs hair. Just use good quality hair and a mild, spray detangler normally keeps the mohair looking very nice.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Nikki H

Post by Nikki H »

Though I have seen toddlers with hardly any hair... I would think she should have hair. And with my despise of rooting, I would never want to do it! Thus being the reason I've never created a toddler! There's always hats!! Them fair skinned sparsed hair toddlers always need a hat on!! :)

Edited to say: show her to us! I'd love to see her!!!
SunshineValley

Post by SunshineValley »

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies. I have dicided to root her in a pale blond colour. It is a good advice to ask Nikki Holland some tips. :)

Thank you all!