I need help...

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Ida

I need help...

Post by Ida »

Good morning, please, could some of you ladies, tell me, what is the best way to add weight to the 3/4 extra soft vinyl body of Princess Charlotte by Ping Lau? :heart:
Suzanne

Re: I need help...

Post by Suzanne »

If that vinyl is anything like Sansa I am sorry... I will never work with that vinyl again. you cant weight the limbs much because they fall out of the body. sorry.. no help here :banghead: I just weighted the head and torso more with the glass beads.. I used a BB neck ring to keep the head on better..
Ida

Post by Ida »

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much for try to help me. This baby is so pretty, and the vinyl is very soft, but the body is very difficult to reborn because is very soft. I hope somebody can give me an idea, that can help me. :cry: :heart:
SweetiePieApril

Post by SweetiePieApril »

I have a bit of experience working with these 3/4 lower torsos and I may be able to help some ;) One trick I've learned for making this super soft vinyl easier to paint is I stuff the pieces with pollyfill and it helps hold the shape and can be heated without issues. For weighing the lower torso I fill to right to the top of the thighs to just right under the hip area with fine glass beads then top off the rest of the way with fiber fill. For the cloth body I just stuff with fiber fill and add no weighing materials.
Ida

Post by Ida »

Thank you so much for your help. I was afraid to fill the legs with the glass, I thought that might it hurt the vinyl, and could make, the glass beads more noticeable.
Also please ... have you opened more the hole in the top of the body, or you filled the body, through it?
Thank you so much again, Ida :heart:
SweetiePieApril

Post by SweetiePieApril »

Ida wrote:Thank you so much for your help. I was afraid to fill the legs with the glass, I thought that might it hurt the vinyl, and could make, the glass beads more noticeable.
Also please ... have you opened more the hole in the top of the body, or you filled the body, through it?
Thank you so much again, Ida :heart:
I don't alter the existing hole but use a funnel for the glass beads then just stuff the fiberfill in and use a chop stick to help get it stuffed in there tight :)
Ida

Post by Ida »

Thank you!! Hugs, Ida :heart: