Private Message Notification

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
marilyn

Private Message Notification

Post by marilyn »

Are we still getting a window that pops up when we sign on and have a private message? If so, mine doesn't work.
smthlisa2001

Re: Private Message Notification

Post by smthlisa2001 »

I don't see an envelope to send a pm and I deleted cookies and can't stay logged on?
ROLL TIDE!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

marilyn wrote:Are we still getting a window that pops up when we sign on and have a private message? If so, mine doesn't work.
My private message notification shows up on the upper right of my screen just under the dark blue header.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

smthlisa2001 wrote:I don't see an envelope to send a pm and I deleted cookies and can't stay logged on?
Under the username on the right of a post is a bubble next to the word contact that if you click it, pm comes up as an option.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thank you Tracy....does it show up as a pop-up window as notification? It doesn't appear so.....so I guess we have to check that because no auto notification comes up.....if you miss it, you don't get your message for possibly days?
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

It has 3 ways that it tells you that you have a message. To the left of where you signout above, The notification will say [1] and the Private Messages [1]. It still sends the email notification as well. No pop up. Do you want me to send you a test PM?
MonikaS
smthlisa2001

Post by smthlisa2001 »

I see it now but it doesn't show up when I am looking at posts that's so strange
ROLL TIDE!
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

MonikaS wrote:It has 3 ways that it tells you that you have a message. To the left of where you signout above, The notification will say [1] and the Private Messages [1]. It still sends the email notification as well. No pop up. Do you want me to send you a test PM?
Monica, I would love for you to send a test. I see the envelope but I'm not sure what you mean when you say email notification? I don't know if I've got a message or not until I look at the envelope.....sure is different than the old way.
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

marilyn wrote:
MonikaS wrote:It has 3 ways that it tells you that you have a message. To the left of where you signout above, The notification will say [1] and the Private Messages [1]. It still sends the email notification as well. No pop up. Do you want me to send you a test PM?
Monica, I would love for you to send a test. I see the envelope but I'm not sure what you mean when you say email notification? I don't know if I've got a message or not until I look at the envelope.....sure is different than the old way.
The one with the bell symbol will say [1] now since I sent a message. Right next to Private messages at the top of the main screen (The doll-fan babies (that are five in a row dolls) pictured at the top right is almost touching what we are talking about.
MonikaS
smthlisa2001

Post by smthlisa2001 »

I see it now!! Ty
ROLL TIDE!