what lenses do you guys use?

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Nya_and_babies1230

what lenses do you guys use?

Post by Nya_and_babies1230 »

Hi everyone! I wanted to take advantage of prime day on amazon. I have a Canon 600D (T3I). I'm looking to improve the quality of my pictures for the babies auctions. I want professional pictures. Thanks!
RedBilled

Re: what lenses do you guys use?

Post by RedBilled »

What lens(es) do you have, and what's your budget? The kit lenses are plenty good enough for taking ebay photos. A properly wielded smartphone is also more than adequate.

The best thing anyone can do for their pictures (regardless of camera) is ensure they have good light. A standard pop-up flash looks terrible on dolls, it causes harsh shadows and highlights, and makes the plastic look like plastic.

Standard room lighting is not bright enough and the colour is terrible. This gives the pictures low contrast, noise and muddy or weird colours. You need either a well diffused flash, or plenty of indirect sunlight.

The other tip would be to shoot RAW rather than JPEG, and learn how to use Lightroom/Camera Raw/Digital Photo Professional to adjust the image.

To answer the question though, I'd recommend the 24-105f/4L. Great general purpose lens and not ridiculously expensive.