Changing email address

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Joy-n-KY

Changing email address

Post by Joy-n-KY »

I can't change my email address, I change it, save...my old email is still showing. Any clue?
Pebby

Re: Changing email address

Post by Pebby »

Try to refresh your browzer.
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

Thanks, Steve took care of it for me.
LADYMARGO

Post by LADYMARGO »

Hi, I am new here and would like to add my email address in my WANTED POST but can't find any information here and don't know how to reach Steve. If someone can advise me I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

LADYMARGO wrote:Hi, I am new here and would like to add my email address in my WANTED POST but can't find any information here and don't know how to reach Steve. If someone can advise me I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Whatever email address you have set up with or change to is already a part of your profile. Registered users can contact you directly via PM or email through any post that you make. You can put your email address within a post for anyone who reads it to be able to email you but I wouldn't do that....exposed email addresses invite a ton of spam.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
LADYMARGO

MISSING ADS AND PICTURE

Post by LADYMARGO »

Hi, Lately I have not been able to see certain ads or pictures form posters and my WANTED AD is not longer listed.
Please help as I don't no what the problem is or what to do. Thank you, Margo Mitchell (LADYMARGO)
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Your wanted ad is on page 2. http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=375666 Do you have an example of what post of a user you can't the pictures in?

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
LADYMARGO

missing ads or photos

Post by LADYMARGO »

I just found your reply now by accident thru your email reply. It did not show up under notifications or PM that I had a message.

My ad is listed on page 2 but when I open it this is the message I see ",NO POSTS EXIST INSIDE THIS TOPIC FOR THE SELECTED TIME FRAME" ,but I've seen them before.
It is also what I see in the following list, just to name a few.

PENDING SALE HARRY (THURS JAN. 26TH)
ANGEL BONNIE SIEBEN
SOLID SILICONE LIT BIT MAKER
I some times see a different message that says something like I DON'T HAVE ACCESS ?????

I was hoping to sell some REBORN DOLL KITS later when I get accustom to the site but am having great difficulty navigating my way around. I don't seem to be linked to forums or groups (I read that somewhere awhile ago) I checked Paypal and my subscription is good it appears.
While I've got you here, what does it mean STEVE IS CLOSING DOWN IN 15 MIN.?
I will watch my emails for your reply.
Thank you, Margo Mitchell (LADYMARGO)
p.s. Is there an easy way to locate you. I had a hard time and just stumbled across a way.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: missing ads or photos

Post by Steve »

LADYMARGO wrote:I just found your reply now by accident thru your email reply. It did not show up under notifications or PM that I had a message.
This is a post reply...it doesn't automatically send you a message as a PM because it isn't one. You can change your preferences in your UCP if you want to receive a notification of all replies or subscribe to a thread you want to receive one on.
LADYMARGO wrote:My ad is listed on page 2 but when I open it this is the message I see ",NO POSTS EXIST INSIDE THIS TOPIC FOR THE SELECTED TIME FRAME" ,but I've seen them before.
It is also what I see in the following list, just to name a few.

PENDING SALE HARRY (THURS JAN. 26TH)
ANGEL BONNIE SIEBEN
SOLID SILICONE LIT BIT MAKER
I some times see a different message that says something like I DON'T HAVE ACCESS ?????
Your topic on page 2 of the wanted foprum opens fine whether one is logged in or not. You are either trying to utilize a bogus bookmark in your browser which is pointed to something that does not exist or you need to clean out your browsers cache. I'm not following you on the rest. This is apparently a list of topic titles but you didn't say what the problem was. Can you link to any of the threads you are having issues with for me?[/quote]
LADYMARGO wrote:I was hoping to sell some REBORN DOLL KITS later when I get accustom to the site but am having great difficulty navigating my way around. I don't seem to be linked to forums or groups (I read that somewhere awhile ago) I checked Paypal and my subscription is good it appears.
While I've got you here, what does it mean STEVE IS CLOSING DOWN IN 15 MIN.?
I will watch my emails for your reply.
Thank you, Margo Mitchell (LADYMARGO)
p.s. Is there an easy way to locate you. I had a hard time and just stumbled across a way.
The fact that you can post here indicates your subscription to the forums is fine...if you didn't have one you couldn't. "Closing Down in 15 minutes" is a thread. It has a date on it from when it was posted and if you open it up and read it it indicates what that was about.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
LADYMARGO

Post by LADYMARGO »

Well I guess I`ll have to give up. When I click on my wanted ad on page 2 I don`t see the body of my message so that people can reply to my request for a doll.
The list of names , HARRY, ANGEL AND LIT BIT is the list you requested of ads that I can`t read either as well as my own.If I wanted to buy one of their dolls I can`t because the pictures and there message is missing and instead I am getting the NO POSTS EXIST message. I don`t know what else to tell you or to do, but it cost me $16.00 Canadian and I am not getting use of the complete site. Very frustrating.
I was able to read those same ads, including my own, just a few weeks ago so I don`t believe it is my browser.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

One thing to bear in mind is that any post in the classifieds is pruned/deleted after 21 days of no activity on it.
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret