Nuwave oven question

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
sweetsapling

Nuwave oven question

Post by sweetsapling »

Hello! When baking my pieces in the nuwave oven can the vinyl touch and overlap? Like can the limbs stack on top of each other- or does each part need to be isolated? Thanks for any advice :)
Blissful_Babies

Re: Nuwave oven question

Post by Blissful_Babies »

I’m almost positive they have to be isolated. I have never let mine touch, Ive heard that they can stick together/melt if you are touching.
sweetsapling

Post by sweetsapling »

Blissful_Babies wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm I’m almost positive they have to be isolated. I have never let mine touch, Ive heard that they can stick together/melt if you are touching.
Ok that’s what I thought too, and what I always do. I was just wondering because I was watching a video from a very popular artist and she seemed to put her pieces in overlapping- all though maybe it was just the angle of where the camera was :) also I think she uses a different type of oven but was just curious. Thanks for the reply!!
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I watched a tutorial with an artist who said it is fine for them to do so. I can’t remember the temperature she baked at, but it was lower than the 265’ F setting I use. I always isolate my pieces and on the rare occasion that they have touched accidentally they do “stick” for a second so I know it isn’t a good idea when baking at my usual oven temp, lower might be fine except that it could get in the way of the paint in those areas so better to be safe than sorry IMO.
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

Mostly I don't let them touch because I dont want to wreck the paint but when I'm just baking the detail layers I have piled them plenty of times with no issues. I bake in 2 stages. 6 minutes at 280° or level 7 then I flip the parts and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes at the same temp. What you want to make sure is your parts don't touch the sides of the extender ring. (I forgot to mention I always use the extender ring. You don't want your parts too close to the motor.
sweetsapling

Post by sweetsapling »

BeachBabiesKim wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 am Mostly I don't let them touch because I dont want to wreck the paint but when I'm just baking the detail layers I have piled them plenty of times with no issues. I bake in 2 stages. 6 minutes at 280° or level 7 then I flip the parts and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes at the same temp. What you want to make sure is your parts don't touch the sides of the extender ring. (I forgot to mention I always use the extender ring. You don't want your parts too close to the motor.
Ok awesome! I never heard about flipping parts- but always wondered? Is this a nessasary step?
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

sweetsapling wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:37 pm
BeachBabiesKim wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 am Mostly I don't let them touch because I dont want to wreck the paint but when I'm just baking the detail layers I have piled them plenty of times with no issues. I bake in 2 stages. 6 minutes at 280° or level 7 then I flip the parts and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes at the same temp. What you want to make sure is your parts don't touch the sides of the extender ring. (I forgot to mention I always use the extender ring. You don't want your parts too close to the motor.
Ok awesome! I never heard about flipping parts- but always wondered? Is this a nessasary step?
Yes. I would say in every Nuwave or convection oven I've used, to fully bake my parts, I've needed to flip.