Eye size list -- for people wanting to change la baby eyes!!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Bianca

Re: Loving Eyes EMily

Post by Bianca »

Kate-n-Kennas Kisses wrote:Hey, does anyone know what size eyes Loving Eyes Emily takes?

THANKS! :)
22mm :D
Kate-n-Kennas Kisses

Post by Kate-n-Kennas Kisses »

THANKS! :)
Sherbug

Post by Sherbug »

Does anyone know what size Berenger Special Edition Cherub and Sweetie Pie takes? I'm new to this forum and reborning.
Thanks
Sherry
JaNan

Re: Eye size list -- for people wanting to change la baby ey

Post by JaNan »

Guest wrote:Hi! I was thinking (uh oh!), and wouldn't it be great if we just had one post of ALL the correct eye sizes/types for reborns?!?!?
:wink:
this is great! when I first started all we had to reborn were Berenguers and Prilly Charmin had an eye size chart on her site!
now we just have so many kits..it would be a bit hard to keep up with all the sizes ( and so many become discontinued or were limited ed so there is no info on the dealer sites anymore)...so...this will take out the guess work!
Buy a seamstress's seam gauge..it has MM on one side..and a lil slide to make it easier to see your measurement..you can measure from one corner of the eye to the other and get a pretty good measurement...but to be sure..take the eye out and lay it flat on the ruler and measure...VOILA` ! you can determine the size of any eye! you can get this little tool at Walmart or anywhere they sell sewing supplies! (JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby etc) for those of you that don't sew..here is a pic
http://prillycharmin.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=935

As for inserting from the front..it is the only way I do them! I do not like cutting the flaps inside the head and working through the neck hole is difficult! since I use Genesis paints..I insert the eyes from the front while the head is still pretty hot...it is really stretchy and works good using half rounds.

For larger pupils..buy Bountiful Baby eyes! they are my current favs...(must be everyone else's too as they stay out of stock!)
hope this helps!

Oh! and one more tip for newbies!!! another really big problem for many of us was cutting nose holes without damaging the doll...now I use this method. poke something into the nose..toothpick for really teenies , Qtip stick for next size up, wooden Shish Kabob sticks for most full siz babies (I cut them about 2" from the end and since they are pointed..it will work for several size openings depending on how deep you go...look through the neck into the head to see if you have them inserted the same amount)..then bake with them in place ,remove when cool. the holes will close up if you reheat without them..so make this your last heating ... and if you have to touch up...remember to replace the nose sticks! :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Why can't I see the pictures at the beginning of this post? They all have red X on them.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Is this helpful post no longer active??? Darn. I think it is/could be great. Post eyes for sale, sources, etc. Tutorial for inserting eyes. Maybe even eyelash and eyebrow tutorials. I hate to see stickies die.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Brooke wrote:Is this helpful post no longer active??? Darn. I think it is/could be great. Post eyes for sale, sources, etc. Tutorial for inserting eyes. Maybe even eyelash and eyebrow tutorials. I hate to see stickies die.
This is a really old topic and the original poster who started it is no longer a member. That is why you can't see any pictures Brooke. This was dealing exclusively with changing the eyes on Berenguer's and a few other dolls but it is from 2003. Not for all kinds of doll kits.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Dutch-Doll Geja

Post by Dutch-Doll Geja »

Isn't it time to delete this eye size list.
It started in 2003 and most of the info is really outdated.

Geja.