Eye size list -- for people wanting to change la baby eyes!!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.

Post by Guest »

Steph, maybe Sheri knows about the little ones -- she makes awesome bitty babies!!! :wink:
Vicki Rutt

eyes

Post by Vicki Rutt »

how about a 21" german berenguer what size for her?

Post by Guest »

Which face, Vicki? If it's like our SE's are, I'd imagine it's the same flat oval eyes we use for them... if it's one of the others -- Gobert or one of those, I'm not sure, but hopefully someone on here has done one and can tell us! :wink:
Vicki Rutt

eyes

Post by Vicki Rutt »

I am not for sure its a new face didnt have a name for it kinda a potty face lower lip sticks out does that help any :oops:

Post by Guest »

It does sound like Gobert... let me see if I can find a picture... :wink:

Post by Guest »

Kind of like this?

If not, do you have a picture of what the face looks like?
Sheri*DreamBabies

Post by Sheri*DreamBabies »

FYI I use the 11mm eyes in the 8" LTL and the 11" lababy's. Hope this helps and thanks Trina :wink:

Post by Guest »

Thank you, Sheri! I added it in! :wink:
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

What about the new La Baby face? (open eye rosebud) I changed the eyes in one and the factory's are 18mm, after I got the new 18mm back in....the iris looks too small.
Know what I mean? Makes the face look more like a toddler than a baby.

Post by Guest »

I know what you mean. It's because the iris of the factory eyes is (or at least appears to be) bigger than that of the replacements. Also, because a baby's eye doesn't grow (or if so, not much) from infancy to toddlerhood, but their heads do, the iris of a baby takes up a LOT of the eye space, but less on a toddler. You could try Crystal's suggestion of using the bigger eyes and grinding the backs down with a sander. I think she was talking about soft glass eyes, it was for the Duerme face, but it should work for this one, too! Let us know how it turns out! :wink:
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

Good idea Trina! I must have missed the post on grinding.....now if I can only stop in time. (I so overdo everything) :?
~Angel~

Post by ~Angel~ »

Thank-you again Trina for the help so I can add this to the "How-To" Section of my rebirthing page. It has been so helpful to my rebirthing.
Here's a shout-out to all who helped her as well!
Dolly Huggers!
Angelina
(Angel)
LorryDarlins

Eye sizes for the Reborns

Post by LorryDarlins »

I've only been a member for a very short time and have found a wealth of information already. Thank you for listing these eye sizes for the various babies. It's much appreciated.
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I have done a new Rosebud open eyed baby, and I bought 20mm eyeco eyes and the iris was too small. They were the size of the 18mm eyes, except more white. I bought some 20mm Masterpiece eyes and they are perfect! So if tyou use the eyeco eyes, go up a size and maybe trim the white part if nessasary.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
roses2lisa

Post by roses2lisa »

:D I am THRILLED you ladies posted this information! Thank you so very much! It was one of my "looming" questions 8) .............just hadn't asked yet!

~Newbie-on-the-Block~ :foryou:
PrissyMayDolls*Vanessa

Post by PrissyMayDolls*Vanessa »

Hi

Does anyone know the size of the eyes that come out of the new 22" Berenguer La Baby "Chuckles" and "Lily" dolls? I use the nicknames given to these molds from Prillycharmin.com See the link below to see the molds that I am ordering (B10 & B40).

http://www.prillycharmin.com/berenguer/1amenu_lab.html

Any information on the eye size would be great. I love these new molds and can't wait to get started. I haven't ordered them yet, but would like to go ahead and order the eyes at the same time. I will be placing the order in just a few days.

Thank you so much,
Vanessa
karina-brandt

Post by karina-brandt »

I always have this site in my favourites to look up:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/rebornsuppli ... chart.html

hugs
karina
heyjude

Post by heyjude »

Okay...here's a dumb question...I have a pair of eyes here and I don't know what size they are. How do you measure eyes?

Thanks!
karina-brandt

Post by karina-brandt »

you meassure them across the middle from side to side. usually eyes are meassured in millimeters, and you calculate to millimeters by saying: 1 inch is 25 millimeters (or 2.5 centimeters)

good luck on it. i hope it helped.

hugs
karina
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Any idea of what size eyes to use on the new 12" Carry Me babies? Thanks!