Eye size list -- for people wanting to change la baby eyes!!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Carols Tots

Post by Carols Tots »

Hi Trina,

Brenda asked about the size eye for a Duerme baby. It is size 18mm. Thanks for keeping this up to date for us! It's a great post.

Baby hugs,
Carol

Post by Guest »

Thank you, Carol! :wink:
mammieof11babies Margaret

Post by mammieof11babies Margaret »

that was real sweet of you and has been a tremendous help to me. I just got started. Keep it posted I am out of ink, :oops: :oops: But see i reordered eye's thinking I couldnt use the 22mm now I can use both !!! No mistake because of you I have just now saved money from haveing to exchange. YOU go gril.Why your on this strick I have a problem. I need to get full lenght arms and legs for my babies New face and others her size. My dealer sold me the av body packs. But the quailatyis not as good as i like yet the 17' berenguer babies limbs are to short. Amd I cant afford the SE Berenguer babies.just for bodies and I dont want to be limited to just them ,I see others doing this I just dont know where they get the full limbs. So as a big help to me can you help me on this one trina. Go look at my question in gennerally doll talk I am mammieof11babies and look at my post and see her limbs and hands and tell me what you think? Thanks I know I have sent you on another mission but Sweetpea you are so good at it.. :lol: :lol: Thanks ~~Margaret~~

Post by Guest »

I PM'd you, Margaret! :wink:
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

I use 22 mm on the Duerme and grind them down in the back with a sander.

Post by Guest »

Wow -- I'll have to figure out how to put mention of THAT in there! :shock: :wink:
Shawna

Post by Shawna »

:? Anyone know the eye size for the crib cap babies?
I think they're 9-11" babies? Know what I mean?
Thanks!
Shawna

Post by Guest »

Shawna, I'm bumping this up to see if anyone knows... :wink:
Shawna

Post by Shawna »

:D Thanks Trina! I never even thought of that...LOL
:oops: :wink:

Post by Guest »

Wow.... Just one question. How do you change the eyes from the front?

Thanks, Shirene

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if there is a standard way, but I heat the doll's vinyl with a hair dryer and push the eyes out from behind with a wooden spoon. I replace them with soft glass eyes so that they're easier to get back in! :wink:
Neysa

Post by Neysa »

Trina, you say soft glass eyes? hummmmmmmm where do you buy this type of eye? have not heard of that one. Thanks
Neysa

Post by Neysa »

Trina, you say soft glass eyes? hummmmmmmm where do you buy this type of eye? have not heard of that one. Thanks
StephJ

Post by StephJ »

Anyone know the eye size for the 12" la baby? and for the 8" LTL?
jenningspaige

Post by jenningspaige »

What about the open eye African american la baby? Anyone know what size that one takes?

Post by Guest »

Neysa, you can get soft glass eyes from Dianne at The Bear Hollow
http://www.thebearhollow.com
or from Jennings
http://www.rebornsupplies.com
or bj's babes, but they're more expensive, and slower.

Steph and Jennings, I wish I knew the size for those, but not sure. I hope someone that does know comes along soon! :wink:
jenningspaige

Post by jenningspaige »

Just to clarify, BJ's babes and Dianne at the bear hollow carry Eyeco eyes. At least that's what I can tell by the colors they show, since the names are all Eyeco colors. We carry the original Masterpiece eyes, which are very different. ;)
jenningspaige

Post by jenningspaige »

To clarify: Masterpiece is the original eye maker, the ones that I carry. They are made by hand (every pair) and they cost more. Eyeco borrowed their designs and mass-produced them, and they even copied some of the same names and they call them Masterpiece series eyes, even though they are completely different. But apparently Eyeco is being sued by Masterpiece because they haven't paid for the rights to the designs like they were supposed to, and word is they won't be making the glass eyes at all in the future. :) Audrey's dolls is the only site besides mine (that I know of) that carries the real Masterpiece eyes.

Post by Guest »

I was under the impression that although Eyeco was a cheaper "knock-off" of Masterpiece, that they were BOTH designed/owned by the same person - I spoke to Gayle myself a while back and that's how I understood it :?
jenningspaige

Post by jenningspaige »

That's the information that Gayle gave me. Maybe when you talked to her they hadn't discovered about Eyeco not paying yet, and weren't in the process of sueing them yet. Who knows? The important thing is that people know there is a significant difference between Masterpiece silicone eyes and Eyeco Masterpiece eyes.