Where do VEINS go??

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Brooke

Where do VEINS go??

Post by Brooke »

Has anyone ever found a good chart, photograph or diagram of exactly where to put the veins, especially on a head? I don't need a medical text, but I'd like to be a little bit accurate. Thankx :trout:
Elisabettas Babies

Re: Where do VEINS go??

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Ok, here I am with a more proper reply!!! ;)

The closest vein tutorial you will ever find is... on yourself! Observe yourself in the mirror, look at your face, hands, feet, and see where veins show and the pattern. Try to reproduce it, keeping in mind that babies will have more prominent veining than you in the face, but lighter veining anywhere else.

If you have access to children, grandchildren, daycare children, observe them when you interact with them (with obvious limits ;) I'd advise not to start stripping naked children at the playground).
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I've tried that for my hands and feet and such, but scalp veins and veins behind the ears are hard to see. Plus, babies skin is more transparent, so lots of grown-up veins are deeper under the skin.
I do tend to get a bit compulsive!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Elisabettas Babies wrote:Ok, here I am with a more proper reply!!! ;)

The closest vein tutorial you will ever find is... on yourself! Observe yourself in the mirror, look at your face, hands, feet, and see where veins show and the pattern. Try to reproduce it, keeping in mind that babies will have more prominent veining than you in the face, but lighter veining anywhere else.

If you have access to children, grandchildren, daycare children, observe them when you interact with them (with obvious limits ;) I'd advise not to start stripping naked children at the playground).

That is what I do with my wrists and hands...and the older you get the more your veins stick out so they are real easy to spot! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TamaraLynn

Post by TamaraLynn »

I use this as a guide
VISIT ME AT KENDRA'S GARDEN Babies
"Like" me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KendrasGarden
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Gee Tamara, that's a good one. Thank you.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

That's cool Tamara! Thanks!!!!
karinabrandt

Post by karinabrandt »

I usually find that customers are put off by too many veins on the scalp, so I only make a few.

there are plenty of really good photos with scalp veins if you search google and chose the 'image gallery' option.

hugs
karina
Visit my new website with unique handknit and sewn clothes for dolls, babies and toddlers
New location on http://www.beautiful-baby.dk
annemarie

Post by annemarie »

PUt it in the other post but I'll put it here to incase one gets lost :lol:

HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

I happened to get a really thin-skinned grandchild a couple of years ago and took pics when she was a couple of months old. You are welcome to them.

This seems like a lot but I always put one or two flesh layers over the veining plus the blushing and the sealer.

I printed these and use them as a guide when I am doing veins. I have never been able to get good pics of veins in hands and feet so I use myself as a model for that...keeping in mind that, if baby is chubby, those veins don't usually show very much.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Thank you SO much for those photos as well as all the other illustrations that have been posted. They will be printed out and used very much by me - and probably by other people too I'll bet!
doris1951

Post by doris1951 »

Lovely photos, will be great for using as a guide, thankyou so much for posting these.
Hugs Doris
yasminao007

Post by yasminao007 »

thank you for the post, you know how to do the colour vein with primary colours? thank you