How to professionally paint silicones & full materials list!

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
toupiereborn

Re: How to professionally paint silicones & full materials l

Post by toupiereborn »

hi, thank you for your response. I have tried to paint with genesis and my thinning medium, I bake at 266 F, and it was very beautiful.. but after some layers, all pealed...you have an idea, please ? I know what I can do to repair but I am afraid to make the sam error : the temperature is good, as genesis 266 F ? or not ? .. I must wait many time to bake ? thank you so much to help me...
nanas newborns

Post by nanas newborns »

Oh boy, that is not good news! I have not tried to paint my silicone with Genesis as yet so now I am worried about the peeling! Did you put the paint on really thin? I think you have to do that. I don't think you are supposed to bake it after the silicone sealant either, are you? Nancy
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

yes, I am so sad..I have remote all..put acetone and in water after with soap and since.. Now I am afraid to try again...
footprintsbabiesMay

Post by footprintsbabiesMay »

Maybe you can email the lady who began this post as it seems she was sharing
'her' style of painting. I am sure she would be glad to help you out! Maybe she is just
not seeing this particular thread. :D
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

yes, it is a good idea, thank you..
Sharons Special Treasures

Post by Sharons Special Treasures »

nanas newborns wrote:I think when you use Genesis paints on silicone you just mix them with the thinners you always use with Genesis and paint as you would a reborn. Then when you are all done painting and heat setting you seal the doll with the loctite sealer. At least that is my understanding of the process, am I correct - - - anyone?? Nancy

Yes thin layers is the key AND you cannot do all the flesh layers as you would with the vinyl kits, all I did was a faint blue around the eyes and veins (where I wanted them) and then a faint very thin blushing, and crease coloring, and a thin purple on her eyelids (mine is a sleeping baby), and the white tips on her nails...NO flesh layers at all, or I have heard that they just peel off.
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

ahh, thank you so much.. I understand..that is why the first layers was good and not the followings ones .. I am happy to see your explications...
Then ,I can paint with genesis and thinning medium .. I can bake at 266°F ? or 170°F
after, I can put Loctite clear silicone superflex sealant ?
--- I have another question :after all paint : I put silicone in small areas and I cook .. then 2nd layer of 6 inch and I put powdered sugar to each zone of 6 inches ? AND I COOK EVERY AREA WITH SILICONE AND SUGAR POWDER every time .. is this just ?
thank you so much...

toupiereborn wrote:ahh, thank you so much.. I understand..that is why the first layers was good and not the followings ones .. I am happy to see your explications...
Then ,I can paint with genesis and thinning medium .. I can bake at 266°F ? or 170°F
after, I can put Loctite clear silicone superflex sealant ?
--- I have another question :after all paint : I put silicone in small areas and I cook .. then 2nd layer of 6 inch and I put powdered sugar to each zone of 6 inches ? AND I COOK EVERY AREA WITH SILICONE AND SUGAR POWDER every time .. is this just ?
thank you so much...
Everything that you just stated is CORRECT and exactly what I did... I hope that iy works out for you this time1
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

I am confused :dunno: Can someone post step by step instructions with painting with Genesis? Please?
nanas newborns

Post by nanas newborns »

Sharon or Kris - Did you bake the silicone sealer on the doll also? I didn't realize you had to bake that layer. Why do you have to do small areas of sealer rather than one whole side of the piece and then the other side? Nancy

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote:I am confused :dunno: Can someone post step by step instructions with painting with Genesis? Please?
It is the same as the instructions in the beginning of this thread..just read the instructions carefully...you just paint the silicone like normal with genisis and bake each layer...then seal with the silicone...
nanas newborns wrote:Sharon or Kris - Did you bake the silicone sealer on the doll also? I didn't realize you had to bake that layer. Why do you have to do small areas of sealer rather than one whole side of the piece and then the other side? Nancy
I did bake my silicone sealer onto the baby...just to help in the curing process (to help speed it up), and I did do one whole side of the peice not in 6 inch sections
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

nanas newborns wrote:Sharon or Kris - Did you bake the silicone sealer on the doll also? I didn't realize you had to bake that layer. Why do you have to do small areas of sealer rather than one whole side of the piece and then the other side? Nancy
Last edited by toupiereborn on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

thank you, thank you...ah, ok, I read on the tutorial that I must put the silicone to joint the paint (after all painting) 6'' by 6''... Is it correct or I can put silicone sealant one side by one site ?
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

I have seen that I would bake the first layer of silicone and after the second layer, brush the sugar powered ... That's true ?
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

ah, ok, perfect. I will do as you do...thank you..
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

I have paint in genesis ans afterbking, I have brush Loctite silicone clear sealant.. BUT the baby is stick, glue and is wet.. what can I do ?

You have to apply your second layer of the locktite and then matte it with the powered sugar like in the tutorial....it will be sticky if you don't matte...
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

ahh, youipiie, thank you so much...
toupiereborn

Post by toupiereborn »

hi, the Loctite I use is very hard and very difficult to paint.. I think it is not the same than in USA. Is it possible to buy one
Locktite clear silicone sealant of USA for me and send it near Belgium for me ? I pay all the postage and the locktite...or tell me the link to buy it ? because my loctite of belgium is not the same, it is for make lum/afdichtingsmiddle it is Loctite 595 clear silicone sealant ...but I can't paint with it:it is not enough fluid,[ it is sticky,lumpy and wet and not beautiful.. I must strip all, all remove and begin again......Who can help me ?

You have to thin it down with the mineral spirits the same as you would your genesis paints...