Doing a touch up

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
krystleslittlemonkeys

Doing a touch up

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

I finished my Arianna but I just happened notice on one arm there are two lines going across the arm as if some paint came off or it was a spot that got smudged when I was painting her that I didn't notice until now. It's barely visible but I'm picky about stuff like that and was wondering if I could pounce on a bit of flesh 08 and then use the heat gun on it without having to take her apart and take out her fibre fill. It was so hard and took so long to get the fibre fill in so I don't want to go through that again lol. Same goes for if I want to put a bit of matte varnish on these two small shiny spots. Can I just set the varnish with the heat gun and not take her apart?
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

AlyMarie

Re: Doing a touch up

Post by AlyMarie »

Yes on both counts. :)
SjonesReborns

Post by SjonesReborns »

You can but I would do the matte in short bursts because the gun tends to make the matte get shiny. Odd I know and it's weird that it does that. You know If there are no metal shot or magnets in it I would just reheat in the oven. The glass and poly can go in the oven. I do it sometimes. I actually used to bake my parts on a bed of fluffy polyfil on a cookie sheet.
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm just going to enjoy her for now but at least I know when I want to fix her up a bit I can. :)
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com