Can I bake with E6000 & glass eyes? UPDATED

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
karenwhitmore

Can I bake with E6000 & glass eyes? UPDATED

Post by karenwhitmore »

I have just done some touch ups to my baby and I've already glued in full round hollow glass eyes with E6000 glue. I wanted to ask if anyone else has baked like this? I'd hate for the glue to catch on fire or something. Thanks for your input!
Last edited by karenwhitmore on Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
preciouslittlebabiesrachel

Re: Can I bake with E6000 & glass eyes?

Post by preciouslittlebabiesrachel »

I have baked lots of times with the glue in and never had a problem :)
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

I usually use a heat gun.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I have baked with the glue in but I don't know about glass eyes.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I have baked many times with glass eyes in place. Both MB and solid. I always put them in before I paint my dolls so I can see how I am doing with the coloring. But the E6000 gets extremely runny when it is heated. It does not stay in place. Had it run down and plug the nostrils I drilled out and make a real mess. Also if you read the tube it comes with such scary warnings, I won't bake or heat anything any more with that glue in place. No matter how long E6000 sets up, it will soften and run when it gets really warm. One bad thing about this glue.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
karenwhitmore

Re: Can I bake with E6000 & glass eyes? UPDATED

Post by karenwhitmore »

Well ladies and baked it for 11 minutes and everything is just fine. My baby looks great!
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

I use 100% clear silicone to set my glass eyes and it says on the tube that you can bake it up to 400 degrees indefinately or up to 500 degrees for a few minutes....Also if you get any silicone in the glass eyes it comes off with a toothpick and exacto knife. I can not stand the smell of the E6000 glue so this works great for me.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
AnniesDolls

Post by AnniesDolls »

Oh, Karen, please don't breath the fumes when you're baking that stuff---they're toxic.

I work with that glue also, so I can't say that I never go near it, but I'm not a professional reborner, so it's just now and then. We aren't even supposed to get it on the skin of our fingers, (which is next to impossible), because it is absorbed through the skin.

We have to remember that even though we don't feel or see anything happening to us, we don't know what that stuff will do to us down the road, so please, please be careful! :pray: