HELP HELP... never had this happen

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Aliceintheozarks

HELP HELP... never had this happen

Post by Aliceintheozarks »

Ok ladies.. working on a custom.. of course, and I was trying to take off a little paint in the crack on a finger and it split a little. I only used goof off... never has happened before. How do you fix a tiny tear???? or can I? :shock:
MonikaS

Re: HELP HELP... never had this happen

Post by MonikaS »

Can you write the maker to see if a spare arm can be found. Delays a bit but atleast you would have a proper fix.
MonikaS
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I had that happen once between the toes. I planed to seal it shut with super glue or silicone glue after painting but I found that by the time I was done painting it seemed to have sealed itself back together. I am not sure if the heat from the heat gun sealed it when I hit the toenails with it or what but I could not open it up. I then did my final layer of glazing gel and concentrated it a little thicker bit in that particular crack just to make sure it was sealed.
Aliceintheozarks

Never thought about silicone glue but I did think of super glue. I may get daring enough to try it. It's really tiny and I'm betting it was there before I started working on it because I didn't bend the finger back till I tried to paint it. Thanks ladies
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Take one of the round pointed tooth picks and super glue and very carefully rub the glue in the crack and then hold shut. Super glue really glues our soft vinyl. Just be careful if any oozes up to the top that you don't get it all over your vinyl part as well.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Aliceintheozarks

Ginny W wrote:Take one of the round pointed tooth picks and super glue and very carefully rub the glue in the crack and then hold shut. Super glue really glues our soft vinyl. Just be careful if any oozes up to the top that you don't get it all over your vinyl part as well.

Thanks.. do I do it after all painted or now while I'm painting...
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I would do it now in case any glue gets on vinyl. If it does and leaves a shiny spot, I then take 3M auto body 2000 grit sand paper ( have to buy at an auto paint store) and very carefully sand off the shiny area. I have heated the vinyl parts many times with the glue in the vinyl and it was all fine. Good luck! :mrgreen:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Kimiko_binglesbanglesbabies

Post by Kimiko_binglesbanglesbabies »

Please be careful about gluing before heating though. I've heard glue can have bad reactions if heated :dunno: never wanted to try it and find out myself :shock:
www.binglesbanglesbabies.etsy.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDktCXp ... dex=5&t=0s