Sealing air dry paints.

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Annette

Sealing air dry paints.

Post by Annette »

Can someone tell me what I should use to seal air dry paints please? I am trying them for the first time, and not sure what to use. Or, if indeed, they need sealing. I have the MG paints.
Could I seal them with GHSP matte varnish? I have a few coats of GHSP on the kit already. Would the air dry paints still work on it on top of those?
Thanks. :)
Hugs Annette
Tracy_Dew

Re: Sealing air dry paints.

Post by Tracy_Dew »

I use Plaid Outdoor Matte Sealer over Miracle Blend air dry paints. The Miracle Blend matte sealer is also good. I just prefer the result I get from the Plaid.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

Tracy_Dew wrote:I use Plaid Outdoor Matte Sealer over Miracle Blend air dry paints. The Miracle Blend matte sealer is also good. I just prefer the result I get from the Plaid.

Does the Plaid Matte sealer leave a shine when it dries?
SweetiePieApril

Post by SweetiePieApril »

You can paint over Genesis with airdry and seal over them with any Genesis varnish including Matte. MG Babyfx paints can be heated with no ill effects ;)
Tracy_Dew

Post by Tracy_Dew »

Sandis Doll House wrote:
Tracy_Dew wrote:I use Plaid Outdoor Matte Sealer over Miracle Blend air dry paints. The Miracle Blend matte sealer is also good. I just prefer the result I get from the Plaid.

Does the Plaid Matte sealer leave a shine when it dries?
No, I've never had any shine with the Plaid. I love the matte finish