Platinum silicone re-matting?

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
MonikaS

Platinum silicone re-matting?

Post by MonikaS »

What is involved in re-matting a silicone doll that was never matted properly? Can it be done over old paint? Sorry if this has been addressed before.
MonikaS
Marciemp

Re: Platinum silicone re-matting?

Post by Marciemp »

I ammnot an expert but from what I have read the soll needs to be cleaned really really well with acetone (or soak it in a bucket of it if the doll is bald) and then a clear coat of silicone paint is applied and while it is wet the meeting agent can be applied.

Good luck,
Marcie
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Marciemp wrote:I ammnot an expert but from what I have read the soll needs to be cleaned really really well with acetone (or soak it in a bucket of it if the doll is bald) and then a clear coat of silicone paint is applied and while it is wet the meeting agent can be applied.

Good luck,
Marcie
Thank You!
MonikaS
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Ok... do not soak the baby in a bucket of acetone... that will effect the paint as well.
The matting is the same material as the painting material... so whatever effects the matting, effects the paint.

Just try and take off any surface dirt or material and yucky matting and then wipe down with actetone so the surface is clean. And then rematte.
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

KrisC wrote:Ok... do not soak the baby in a bucket of acetone... that will effect the paint as well.
The matting is the same material as the painting material... so whatever effects the matting, effects the paint.

Just try and take off any surface dirt or material and yucky matting and then wipe down with actetone so the surface is clean. And then rematte.
Thanks Kris! Always appreciate your help. :D
MonikaS
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

MonikaS wrote:
KrisC wrote:Ok... do not soak the baby in a bucket of acetone... that will effect the paint as well.

Thanks Kris! Always appreciate your help. :D

Your welcome, hun :elephant: