HELP

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
georgeanne

HELP

Post by georgeanne »

So I decided for the first time to use the GHSP Matt for a final layer on my Saskia. Not only is she rough, but she now looks dirty. Is there a way to fix it or am I going to have to strip her? In all the years I have been a reborn procrastinator (slow at reborning, cause i get distracted) I have never had to strip a kit. I am so damn mad right now I could spit.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Pebby

Re: HELP

Post by Pebby »

Have you baked the layer of the matt finish? I know and I have been doing this for years, when you use the matt finish and put it on you have to pounce it until it works its way into the vinyl and you will not have a rough reborn. I tried telling a " supposedly top reborn artist" this but of course she disagreed with me , as most people do but try it and you will see your reborn will not be rough. If this has been baked already, I am not sure how you will correct it.
TinaDolly

Post by TinaDolly »

I always use the matte varnish in my first layer of painting and the last layer of mottling. I never use it as a last layer because of the reason you are describing. I don't think there is a way to fix her unless you use more paint on top of the matte varnish, maybe a light layer of a wash but I really doubt that is going to work. Try using the matte varnish in your first layers of paint and the last layer of mottling. Good luck
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

TinaDolly wrote:I always use the matte varnish in my first layer of painting and the last layer of mottling. I never use it as a last layer because of the reason you are describing. I don't think there is a way to fix her unless you use more paint on top of the matte varnish, maybe a light layer of a wash but I really doubt that is going to work. Try using the matte varnish in your first layers of paint and the last layer of mottling. Good luck

That isn't going to help the vinyl being rough. I always use mine in the last layer and never have a problem. So sorry you had this problem. I think the only way to possibly fix this is to take all the paint off.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Hi Pebby and Tina. Lesson learned and I will know next time how to use it. I guess I will live with it. It doesn't seem quite as bad today and when I took her parts outside she doesn't look dirty, maybe I was panicking too soon. Pebby, I have read to pounce it on as well, but didn't and I think next time I will remember to do it your way.

Thank you both so much I appreciate your expert advice so much.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Glad I was able to help!