Baby fx and Miracle Blend paints

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
terriesdoll

Baby fx and Miracle Blend paints

Post by terriesdoll »

A few questions
Are both of these acrylic paints?
Can you mix and match?
What is the difference in buying Liquitex professional acrylics?
Are the FX powders just blush make up????

I spent well over $200 on buying the Miracle Blend only to find myself not liking them without doing my own tweaking with the colors. I also find them having to much shine and the matte sealer not much help with that. I ended up getting some Liquitex matte gel and I got the same exact effect I did with the Genesis so I like it much better. I also found myself adding some Liquitex colors to get what I want and the Liquitex slow dri also because the other ran out. I am a lot happier just using the Liquitex Professional line because I get what I want. Has anyone else had experience with these? They are much, much cheaper than constantly ordering these other acrylic paints that I am tweaking anyway. The Miracle Blend doesn't really go that far to me. I haven't tried the Baby FX but if they are acrylic I am not. I am hoping that sealing my dolls with the matter will keep the paint from fading or rubbing off.
Sorry for so many questions and such a long post but I can no longer use Genesis due to my severe asthma, I have always had asthma but after using Genesis I realized that was contributing to flair ups.
I have been away from the doll world for a few years due to several reasons and recently came back and using Miracle Blends and now trying the Liquitex brand acrylics.