WHICH BRAND OF SILI PAINT DO YOU USE?

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Brooke

WHICH BRAND OF SILI PAINT DO YOU USE?

Post by Brooke »

All you wonderful silicone artists, I'd love to know which brand of silicone paint you use, and why.

I'm just starting my first sili and although it is fun, I'm getting frustrated with the paint I'm using. I have the FuseFX baby trial kit but I got it about 5 years ago and haven't used it so the paints seem dry-ish. In fact, the lip color has gone completely dry and rubbery. I think I need new paints before I continue, so which ones should I buy :? :D ? Thank you.
georgeanne

Re: WHICH BRAND OF SILI PAINT DO YOU USE?

Post by georgeanne »

I love Fuse FX. Mine dried out after I used them. But I assume they have a shelf life so that is why I only buy the trial sets since I don't get silicone kits but once in a Blue Moon now.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Thank you Georgeanne. Maybe my problem was mine was too old. I had to mix it a lot and probably had to use too much thinner. It didn't dry on the baby. Where do you buy your FuseFX?
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Hi Brooke,

Here's a link where I buy mine. They are very helpful and knowledgeable.

http://www.fusefx.ca/products.html#Paint_pig

They have the trial sets which are pretty reasonably priced.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland