SILICONE PAINTING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Brooke

SILICONE PAINTING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by Brooke »

I'm busily painting my first sili. I am using FuseFX. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is it normal for the doll to be really sticky between coats even though it has been given a long time to dry?

2. Do you wipe the doll with alcohol between coats?

3. This baby has a slightly open mouth, so I have to paint the inside. Afterwards, when it is dry (see #1 above), the lips are really tightly stuck together. I have to work to open them. How can I make this not happen.

This is a platinum sili doll, but only about 10 inches long. She was not expensive, not the most beautiful baby, but kind of cute and just right for a first time. Oh, she is NOT from China.
Here she is after one coat of the FuseFX Warm Rosy layering. See how sticky she looks and how tightly her lips are stuck together? Normally she can take a tiny paci. Maybe I should put matting powder inside her mouth after I paint it??

Thank you for any and all help.
MarthasBabies

Re: SILICONE PAINTING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by MarthasBabies »

I will tell you what helped me the most and that is the repost of Wendy Dickinsons blog and if you search for it here on DF you will get so me awesome instructions and tips. Also, Donnaa Lee's website has a good list also. There is some good you tu be videos as well. hope this helps.
Denise O

Re: SILICONE PAINTING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by Denise O »

You can use a cut popsicle stick to prop the mouth open. As for sticky feeling... it really shouldn't feel that way. Are you mixing accurately? It is very very important that you mix both parts with the EXACT AMOUNTS of each. You shouldn't need to wipe with anything between coats as you should be painting in a clean environment... but it is important to not let it sit for long lengths of time between coats. You can message me with any other questions if you need to. She's looking great so far. I cant wait to see when you finish.