I hope someone can help...

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
marilyn

I hope someone can help...

Post by marilyn »

I bought a doll, love the sculpt and the fact that she is so cuddly BUT, she came with PINK lips, which I removed. Now when I try to repaint, every color I try turn Orange. Also, whoever did this doll used BLUE MARKERS for the veins. It looks awful....can anyone tell me how to get rid of the orange lip colors and how to remove the blue marker for the veins? Desperate.
Annette

Re: I hope someone can help...

Post by Annette »

Can you try putting a very, very watery blue wash on the lips before you repaint them to neutralize the orange? On a colour wheel, the orange and blue are on opposite sides. Or, put light flesh on before painting the lip colour?
I have never tried it, so it's just a suggestion. Not sure what you can do about the veins though. :(
Hugs Annette
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Thank you....I will try that.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Oh wow, you've got a challenge. The blue wash over the orange should work. Just go really light on the blue because it stains easily. You may need to do a couple of thin washes and maybe even a flesh one before you put on the final lip color.

As for the marker, I know a fairly thick coat of pimple cream works. Just put it over the lines and then put the doll in the sun for a day or so. If the marks are still there repeat. I've used this to take off small black Sharpie marks. Putting it in the sun for a day or more is really important.
Oxy 10 is a good one.