Air Dry vs. Heat

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Court_LLRN

Air Dry vs. Heat

Post by Court_LLRN »

This is probably not the question you'd expect from the title but I couldn't think of another one. :lol:
If a baby has been painted and sealed with air dry paints - is it alright to add a layer of genesis heat set matte varnish and bake it? I want to reduce the shine on a precious new baby I recent received.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
erin1958

Re: Air Dry vs. Heat

Post by erin1958 »

I think I’ve heard that the air dry paints are toxic if baked but I’m honestly not sure Courtney. I’d ask Debbie Henshaw of TNGUN. She uses air dry paints.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Yes, air dry paints can be sealed with Genesis paints as long as the air dry paints are fully cured. I do it all the time.
The only paints I have known to have issue with heat setting are the LDC paints. They can turn orange tinted when heat set sometimes.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Coming back to say if you want to re-seal the paints with an air dry sealer that is truly matte, the new RebornFx Ultra Matte Sealer that MacPherson's is selling now is very nicely matte and easy to apply. It can also be applied over Genesis as well as air dry paints.