Questions for NuWave oven users

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Shannon

Questions for NuWave oven users

Post by Shannon »

I've never used one for reborning, but was thinking about getting one soon. Which one has worked best for you? What's the best temp and time when setting the paints and mediums? Is the extender ring necessary? What's the average life of the unit and/or dome? Thanks for your input! :D
Tiffeny

Re: Questions for NuWave oven users

Post by Tiffeny »

Hi Sharon, I have a nu wave oven and would never go back to another. I absolutely love it!! I usually go time cook 8 minutes power level 6. But you should always check your oven temp with a oven thermometer to make sure it’s getting to 265 degrees. I would say the extender ring is definitely necessary. I’ve have my unit around 3 years and both my daughter and I use it for doll making. I hope this helps..

Hugs,
Tiffeny
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Thank you, Tiffany. Are all the Nuwaves the same?
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I agree with Tiffeny. I do 8 min. at level 6 which is supposed to be 265 degrees. Yes you need the extender.
I looked at several before I purchased mine, as a new, used item on eBay. They all seemed about the same to me. Mine hadn’t been used but was opened by the owners. I’ve had zero problems and much prefer it over anything else. I don’t reborn a lot but it seems to work great.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

erin1958 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 am I agree with Tiffeny. I do 8 min. at level 6 which is supposed to be 265 degrees. Yes you need the extender.
I looked at several before I purchased mine, as a new, used item on eBay. They all seemed about the same to me. Mine hadn’t been used but was opened by the owners. I’ve had zero problems and much prefer it over anything else. I don’t reborn a lot but it seems to work great.
Thanks, Erin!
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

Hi Shannon, I use the Nuwave Pro Plus with the extender ring and bake at 265 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Hope this helps!
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

I am a brand new user and totally love mine. Like everyone, I set it to 265 for 8 minutes. If starting with a cold oven then 11 minutes ( 3 minutes to pre heat) . I love that it shuts off automatically. I use mine on the porch but if I can see my breath then it's too cold . I'd heard that the dome can crack if the outside temp is too extreme. Then I switch to the garage.
I got mine at Bon-Ton for $69.97.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~