Re Blushing Silicone dolls

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Rosj

Hi!

Post by Rosj »

I think a forum for silicone would be great idea. All for it!!

RosJ
Myst-Eerie(Jen)

Post by Myst-Eerie(Jen) »

I would love to see this topic active again. I'm sure there have been some silicone coloring discoveries since it started. :) Let's hear them!!
alienor

Post by alienor »

good idea :D
michelle

Post by michelle »

If anyone offers repaint or reblushing on pure silicones please let me know.
A good friend of mine would like a silicone "blushed up" a little. You can pm,or email me minnieshel@aol.com. I will ask her if people can contact her directly.
Thanks in advance :)
Michelle
alienor

Post by alienor »

I remember MERMAIDSAM does it in the past
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

HELLOOOOOO! LET'S NOT LET THIS IDEA FOR A SILICONE FORUM PASS! I HAVE RE-PAINTED SEVERAL SILICONE DOLLS AND WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP!
Carmen in nj

Post by Carmen in nj »

I would love the idea of a solid silicone discussion forum... it would be great..
hugs,
Carmen in nj
I would love to help if I could too..
alienor

Post by alienor »

yes, a help silicone forum will be great
Mrs.B

Re: Re Blushing Silicone dolls

Post by Mrs.B »

I know this is an older post, but would love to hear if there are any new ideas or tips out there. I am getting an AD silicone Haily and Tasha's Chelsea kit and since I reborn, I would love to do these kits myself...alas, no experience with silicone.

Anybody have any info? Thanks so much.
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

I have painted many silicones and the worst one was Hailey! My favorite paints are the ones I bought from Melissa McCrory. I don't like the paints that you have to seal with the Locktite sealer because it leaves a texture and I like my silicone to feel smooth.
Mrs.B

Post by Mrs.B »

Thanks for the info Linda! I guess I will ask Melissa to send the paint kit with the Chelsea kit! Also, can I use these paints on Haily?
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

No you cannot use this kit on the Hailey doll. She is made of a differant silicone. You will have to use paint and then the Loctite sealer on this one.
Mrs.B

Post by Mrs.B »

Thank you Linda!
DaleLuvsBabies

Post by DaleLuvsBabies »

I use Melissa's silicone paints & they work well on solid silicone babies. The mixture of it you must do perfectly though! If anyone needs a silicone baby touched up I do that & will root for you to! Here is my email addy lil.belle@verizon.net
RosePetalEmma

Post by RosePetalEmma »

This is a very helpful post.
Thank you!! :D
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

I use Melissa's paints also but you CAN'T use them on the Ashton Drake silicones.
ltwilliams13

Post by ltwilliams13 »

I just joined Dollfan particularly to learn about silicone dolls and touch up or repainting them. Have any of you used ink for coloring? If so, where do I purchase the right product?
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Here is another oldie.... that needs to be looked at again. I would sure like a silicone special place to not only show the dolls, but discuss the problems and successes! Currently I am taking a silicone doll apart to change her body.... her arms do not have the groove around the top so I can attach to the new body. When she was originally made the arm was put in the body and the plastic tie tightened down. Now I would like to cut a groove with an exacto knife.... but don't know if that will compromise the silicone.... it is an older doll (Ava by Brooks Baby) but the silicone seems very nice. Thanks
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
christine noel

Post by christine noel »

Hello
Can i use my acrylic jo sonja's to paint a silicon kit?
medici

Post by medici »

No you can only use silicone paints; neither Jo Sonja's, Genesis or any other acrylics or oils will stick to it.

As I understand, most silicone painters uses either Psyko or Factor2. This is for Dragon skin silicone (which is what most modern artist silicones are made from (Heartland mint and Ashton Drake, which are mass produced, uses a different kind of silicone (tin based I think?)and requires different silicone paints, again.

Melissa here on DF sells silicone paint kits (small).

hugs

Anne