Concerning Jana Yepez

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
robincarrol

Re: Concerning Jana Yepez

Post by robincarrol »

It looks like she hasn't been bailed out. I hope everyone that she has scammed can come forward and get some restitution. I am so glad that she was arrested. The doll world doesn't need people like her around. :trout:
Melody

Post by Melody »

She's been around for a long time and all over the country. She was scamming under different names long before she joined DF via other selling sites. I believe she was caught once before and made to make restitution, but as we know, leopards don't change their spots. She'll probably be scamming from prison. :roll:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Melody wrote:She's been around for a long time and all over the country. She was scamming under different names long before she joined DF via other selling sites. I believe she was caught once before and made to make restitution, but as we know, leopards don't change their spots. She'll probably be scamming from prison. :roll:
You sadly may be right.....for those that see this and have had bad dealings with this person(here or elsewhere) I'd still check with your local authorities to see if there can be anything done if alone it is just charges of wrongdoing. Fraud on the internet is a booming business(my wife and her online business was recently hit and it's not pretty)and as long as people feel helpless these individuals will continue to get away with it.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

Wow it's so very sad to me to see that someone would stoop to the level of stealing dolls. I'm glad her mug shot is available for everyone to see. I am also glad to hear that justice has been done and this person has been incarcerated. In all my years of dealings on dollfan and other sites I've been so fortunate to work with the most wonderful honest people. Shame to those who steal or prey on others.
She was known as Wynterkay here
That name I do remember. I'll have to do an old search here on dollfan. I think I might have had dealings with her along time ago, but don't remember anything negative.

Happy Mothers Day Jana Yepez you dolly thief! :trout:
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Suzanne wrote:Her name is Jennifer too.. This isnt the same Jennifer that was scamming everyone is it?

edited to say.. that was Jenny Gannon... I guess its not the same...too bad!

Suzanne, Jenny Gannon is from Ohio, I hope she is next to get caught, we should mail that article to her but then would she even comprehend?
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

Ugggghhh giving us Ohioan's a bad name :( These threads make me sad
Beachwalker Mandy

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

What I have noticed and appreciate, is that they have started to crack down on internet fraud. Just locally we had a mother and daughter team get sentenced for internet fraud, buying things and having no money in their paypal accounts to pay for them. It is high time that these thieves get caught and prosecuted so hopefully it will cut out the problem.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

GinaMomofthree wrote:Ugggghhh giving us Ohioan's a bad name :( These threads make me sad

Yeah, its a shame the way some act and get away with it
AlyMarie

Post by AlyMarie »

Beachwalker Mandy wrote:What I have noticed and appreciate, is that they have started to crack down on internet fraud. Just locally we had a mother and daughter team get sentenced for internet fraud, buying things and having no money in their paypal accounts to pay for them. It is high time that these thieves get caught and prosecuted so hopefully it will cut out the problem.
You mean like non paying bidders? I need more info on this one. I mean, you can have an empty paypal account and still buy stuff with your bank account.....
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

I hope other scammers see this and take heed :bash:
marcy

Post by marcy »

Pebby wrote:
Suzanne wrote:Her name is Jennifer too.. This isnt the same Jennifer that was scamming everyone is it?

edited to say.. that was Jenny Gannon... I guess its not the same...too bad!

Suzanne, Jenny Gannon is from Ohio, I hope she is next to get caught, we should mail that article to her but then would she even comprehend?
Yeah, send it to Cindy "whateverhernameis" too!!!! :roll:
Matthia

Post by Matthia »

I must say that I am pleased to see that no one has bailed her out yet. Unless of course she plans to go get a job and pay me my $950 back. :evil:
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

GinaMomofthree wrote:Ugggghhh giving us Ohioan's a bad name :( These threads make me sad

Where in Ohio does Jenny Gannon live?

How about you Gina? I'm in Ohio too! Seems that no one is close to me though... :(
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

Sue I am in the Copley area. I LOVE your sigi baby.
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

I'm in the Mohican Valley area Gina. I was kinda up in your area this past weekend and the weekend before with Basketball tournaments with my daughter's AAU team! Last week we were in Wadsworth and this past weekend we were in Barberton. Too bad AAU is done next weekend with their last tourney in the Columbus area-we could have had a "dolly lunch"!

Nice to know there is another Ohioian not too awful far away!
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

Gosh Sue you were RIGHT up here. Next time you venture up this way let me know and yes i'd love to do a dolly lunch. Ok so how about this weather? Enough already rain rain rain...

(sorry ladies to go off topic here) :wink:
debbiesreborndollkits

Post by debbiesreborndollkits »

I think I have the Jenny Gannon in my website! she lives in Ohio - Canton but I havent had any problems so far but dident know there was any problems with her sorry. If anybody wants to take a look in my doll kit website please feel free - www.debbiesreborndollkits.com Thankyou
Geri

Post by Geri »

AlyMarie wrote:
Beachwalker Mandy wrote:What I have noticed and appreciate, is that they have started to crack down on internet fraud. Just locally we had a mother and daughter team get sentenced for internet fraud, buying things and having no money in their paypal accounts to pay for them. It is high time that these thieves get caught and prosecuted so hopefully it will cut out the problem.
You mean like non paying bidders? I need more info on this one. I mean, you can have an empty paypal account and still buy stuff with your bank account.....

Yes, you can link your bank account to your PP account. Then you can use your PP debit card like a credit card to shop anywhere they take a Mastercard and it will deduct from your bank account if your PP account is empty. It's not charged back instantly like your bank debit card so a person could charge things to PP without a problem. If your bank account is empty too though there are some big fees there.
Matthia

Post by Matthia »

Still in the slammer? Good! :twisted:
AlyMarie

Post by AlyMarie »

You're gonna love this one. Did you know a scammer that has your credit card # can generate an invoice through paypal and then pay themselves with YOUR credit card # and it will never even show up in your PP account? My hubby had this happen to him recently. Pretty scary.