going back to photobucket ....

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Suzanne

going back to photobucket ....

Post by Suzanne »

I thought using the attachment here would be nice but I always have to resize some of my pics and not others even though I don't change any settings on my phone... and it posts them sideways half the time which is a HUGE annoyance to me.. so blah..... I will go back to photobucket to post pics... wish it worked better here as I hate PB too.. sorry just venting...
Sandis Doll House

Re: going back to photobucket ....

Post by Sandis Doll House »

The only thing I hate about photobucket is I can't do my watermark on my pictures. I have to edit my pictures in Pic Monkey and upload to photobucket. What a pain. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
123_allypally

Post by 123_allypally »

same! I usually create my post on my laptop then add the photos from my phone after as photobucket never works for me on my laptop!
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I've never had a problem just attaching them on this site when I post- never upload them somewhere else-just hit attach.
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

I have started using Flickr...much easier than pb
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

STEVE!!! Please, isn't there another photo host we can use?
Sewingroom57

Post by Sewingroom57 »

I dot realy care as long as l get a picture posted anywhere LOL but l do wish there was a a easier way of doing things as l am not great with these things hugs Pat
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I use Outlook Express for my email and Photobucket spams me to death if I use it at all. Plus now i am finding it gets my email addess just by me clicking on someone elses picture posted that is in Photobucket., They never used to be like that.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I agree Suzanne that there's NOTHING easy about posting photos here on DF. I've even written to Steve about the fact that I honestly believe that we've lost many, many great members here, just over the photo hassles. (He didn't answer). You can post a photo on FB with the tap of one button. I still use PB too but you're right, it's a hassle too and mine is full so I have to keep deleting. I know I'd make a LOT more posts here, if it weren't such a hassle. Sorry, I needed to vent too.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I use PB but haven't had need to resize pics in ages so I got a shock when I realised they'd changed things :shock:
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I'm confused- why does everyone use a separate place like photobucket when you can just hit a button on the bottom of the page and attach a photo? It takes a couple of minutes and it's done, no hassle. I must be missing something.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

erin1958 wrote:I agree Suzanne that there's NOTHING easy about posting photos here on DF. I've even written to Steve about the fact that I honestly believe that we've lost many, many great members here, just over the photo hassles. (He didn't answer). You can post a photo on FB with the tap of one button. I still use PB too but you're right, it's a hassle too and mine is full so I have to keep deleting. I know I'd make a LOT more posts here, if it weren't such a hassle. Sorry, I needed to vent too.
remember back in the day when you could select several pictures on photobucket and then get the HTML code for all of them at one time... gosh those were the good old days!! its ok to use the attachment here if you are only attaching one or two pics but any more than that forget it!!!!!!!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Deb17 wrote:I'm confused- why does everyone use a separate place like photobucket when you can just hit a button on the bottom of the page and attach a photo? It takes a couple of minutes and it's done, no hassle. I must be missing something.
when I do that I always get that its too big so I have to go crop it off (extra work and hope I only have to do it once) and it posts some sideways that is why I don't like attaching photos from here! I am always doing this from my iphone so maybe that's why??
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Deb, how do you do it? I don't understand this "button on the bottom of the page" thing.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

There is a tab on the bottom of the page called attachments. Click on that ans then click on Add Files and you can download pics right from your computer.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Suzanne wrote:
Deb17 wrote:I'm confused- why does everyone use a separate place like photobucket when you can just hit a button on the bottom of the page and attach a photo? It takes a couple of minutes and it's done, no hassle. I must be missing something.
when I do that I always get that its too big so I have to go crop it off (extra work and hope I only have to do it once) and it posts some sideways that is why I don't like attaching photos from here! I am always doing this from my iphone so maybe that's why??
I think that's it Suzanne. I always post pictures from my laptop because I find the phone too small to use comfortably.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

THANK YOU DEB!! That "attachments" thingy really does work as long as the file isn't too large. Hmmm, how do I make a picture file smaller?
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

Brooke wrote:THANK YOU DEB!! That "attachments" thingy really does work as long as the file isn't too large. Hmmm, how do I make a picture file smaller?

Photobucket? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Brooke wrote:THANK YOU DEB!! That "attachments" thingy really does work as long as the file isn't too large. Hmmm, how do I make a picture file smaller?
The easiest way is if you have the picture on your desktop, right click on it, then click on Open With then click on Paint. When the picture opens in paint click on resize and you will see 2 boxes with 100% in them. Just change the number. If you change it to 75 or 50% it will shrink to that percentage. Then just click save and you're done!
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Hey everyone, why doesn't anyone here use PictureTrail? I have been using it for years .

Just go to picturetrail.Com and look around . :hi ya:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?